Skip navigation
andrejfavia2
Currently Being Moderated

PDF export causes text to be pixelated

Apr 11, 2012 9:40 AM

Greetings.

I am trying to export a vector graphic to PDF. The document contains only vector shapes and some text (not rasterized), set to anti-aliased Crisp.

But no matter what options I choose, the text comes out pixelated.

I increased the dpi from 96 to 300. That didn't work.

I went to File - Print. There are two options to export a PDF:

I can click Print again on the subsequent dialog, then opt to export to PDF. That didn't work.

Or I can click the "Print Settings" button, from which I can then export to PDF. That didn't work.

I tried opening the Photoshop file in Gimp then saving that as a PDF. That didn't work.

I tried every possible option in File - Save As. I selected Photoshop PDF, but after 30 minutes of trial and error, I was unable to locate a combination that gave me the PDF I desired. In all cases, even uncompressed, the text is pixelated.

When I searched the Adobe support site, I couldn't find any results that matched what I needed.

What's going on?? How do I just get a normal PDF out of all of these options??

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Photoshop CS 6 beta

Also, some general questions:

[1] I am confused by the layout of the forums: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

Usually when I think "forum" I see a bunch of threads, categories, and names of posters. Instead this reads more like an FAQ and I feel like I'm asking a brick wall. I'm following the links exactly to "Photoshop forums," but then when it tells me to ask my question, I do so, but then I just get 2 irrelevant results and I can't ask anyone. Where am I supposed to go to get help? I'm so lost browsing this site. Did you want me to start a "discussion" rather than a "thread"? Because I would think that a "discussion" implies that I know what I'm talking about and am conducting/moderating my own meeting (which I'm not, no sarcastic remarks I'm stressed out and just need a simple answer but I have no idea how I'm supposed to ask my question when it says "Ask a question..." I reach a dead end and the site doesn't give me a Step 2 suggestion).

[2] Also: The site seems to load slowly. It takes several extra seconds for pages to load, and by then, I usually refresh the page, which confuses me because then I end up like 2 pages back.

[3] And: Adobe tells me that "andrejfavia" is taken. Who took my username? Was it me from like 5 years ago, or does someone else have the same name? It's been so long.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to andrejfavia2

andrejfavia2 wrote:

And since no one has replied back to me, I'm guessing that the average user doesn't even know how to do something basic like export a vector PDF from graphics with text,

it seems so.. as you don´t know how to do it. 

sorry i can´t help im a photo guy and i think i have never touched PDF in photoshop.

andrejfavia2 wrote:

What are you people doing?? This is such a tortorous user interface!!

yep especially that copy and paste is not working via mouse annoys me. i only get the "insert, image link" stuff on my right mouse button.... and i don´t need that as often as copy & paste.

the quote function is not very good either, compared with other forum software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points