Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Ps & beta not support my Graphics hardware? Will there be a solution?

Apr 20, 2012 6:49 AM

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Basic

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: False.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: False.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

Video Card Vendor: Intel

Video Card Renderer: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Display: 1

Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 900, right: 1440

Video Card Number: 2

Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

OpenCL Unavailable

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2555

Driver Date: 20111013000000.000000-000

Video Card Driver: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32

Video Mode:

Video Card Caption: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video Card Memory: 1804 MB

Video Rect Texture Size: 4096

Video Card Number: 1

Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

OpenCL Unavailable

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2555

Driver Date: 20111013000000.000000-000

Video Card Driver: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32

Video Mode: 1440 x 900 x 4294967296 colors

Video Card Caption: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video Card Memory: 1804 MB

Video Rect Texture Size: 4096

Serial number: Tryout Version

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

Which operating system are you currently running the Photoshop CS6 beta on? You'll also want to make sure that your drivers are up to date. It seems like they are out of date. This link may help: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFami ly=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mob ile+Intel®+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family

Keep in mind, that if you are running Windows XP, many GPU related features are not supported.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

The other problem I see is that your video card is Intel. 

In general Intel cards and chipsets are not on the cutting edge of performance with graphic programs like games and photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

The driver in your report seems to be 8.15.10.2555. Looking at the link I posted above, the latest driver for your card, on Windows 7 64 bit, is 9.3.0.1019, which can be found below:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20775&P rodId=2991&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Dri vers

Verify that this driver is for your card, and update if necessary. Let us know if you see any change in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

You can't compare Google Earth to what Photoshop CS6. Photoshop CS6 replies heavily on the GPU. Have you tried updating your drivers using the link I posted? Seeing that it's a 'mobile' card, I'm assuming you're using a laptop. If that's the case, upgrading your card would be very difficult, if not impossible.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

Here is a link to a past discussion 2 years ago on the Intel chip and chipset.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/649763

Chris Cox said the Intel driver was not up to the task for Open GL, but Noel provided a workaround.

Perhaps this is still a valid method.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Hi,

Your system info states that OpenGL Basic is enabled. What support do you not see?

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 1:31 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

the first problem is you are using XP the second your graphics hardware.

AxCxS12 wrote:

Though Google earth runs perfectly. Can I buy a new graphics card or do I have to buy a new computer to be able to use Ps 6 fully. Does not seem right to me as Intel cards are common.

well i would love to run the latest software on my PII back from 1998 but it´s not gonna happen...

the GM45 and other 4 series chipsets are not that old... i admit.. but they are not meant for heavy graphic work either.

and it´s not only GFX cards who improve. the OpenGL standard improves too.

older GFX cards very often do not support the latest OpenGL version.

as this intel chipsets are not meant for graphic workstations, intel does not put much efford in the openGL drivers.

openCL is not supported at all with your GFX card.

thats not such a big problem with CS6 as only one feature is using openCL afaik (the new blur tools).

but it may be an issue in the future.

GPU and CS6:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4294508

this is for CS5 (don´t know if hey have updated it for CS6 yet) but it gives a guideline for a good photoshop experience:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/05/how-to-tune-photoshop-cs5-fo r-peak-performance.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

sorry about mixing things up.. i was looking at another thread at the same time and that is why i thought your using XP. my fault.

AxCxS12 wrote:

This computer is a laptop and only two years old (Dell Vostro 1720) and not exactly crap. I am quite sure that I can plat World of Warcraft on it, though I have not tried yet, will have a try this afternoon. So what you are saying is that Inel are no good and I should by a new computer or not buy Ps 6? Or will I find Ps 6 so much better than Ps 4  regardless?

OpenGL is a different beast then DirectX (WoW uses DirectX).

Your notebook is not bad but it is NOT .. lets say.. especially well suited for the latest graphic programs.

A dedicated GFX card in a notebook is generally a better choice, for graphic intense software, then integrated intel graphics.

Especially when it comes to software that needs OpenGL hardware support.

<<admin: there, I fixed it for you>>

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

-Agfaclack- wrote:

your notebook is not bad but it is not .. lets say.. especially well suited for the latest graphic programs.

a dedicated GFX card in a notebook is generally a better choice, for graphic intense software, then integrated intel graphics.

especially when it comes to software that needs OpenGL hardware support.

Believe you pulled a Curt and leff out the NOT.  Should read "--- lets say - - NOT expecially well suited - - - "

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to Curt Y

im not native english speaking but the NOT is there if you look closely.

-Agfaclack- wrote:

your notebook is not bad but it is not .. lets say.. especially well suited for the latest graphic programs.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 7:17 PM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

The OpenGL support on older Intel graphics chipsets has been a problem for Photoshop (and Liquify). I strongly suspect the problem is the OpenGL support on your Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset is not strong enough even thought the laptop is relatively new. We found the latest Intel "HD Graphics" hardware OpenGL support to be much better. CS6 features like Liquify require a pretty powerful video card to work well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 2:17 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

AxCxS12 wrote:

…"Ps detected graphics hardware that is not officially supported " and in my system info it says that open GL drawing is enabled…

The message means exactly what is said.  "Not officially supported" means it may work, partially or fully, but if it doesn't, Adobe can't help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 3:50 AM   in reply to AxCxS12

AxCxS12 wrote:

…As I do  not know very much about computers I would like to ask you one last question. Do you think that this could be solved with Intel?  A coming upgrade or so. Or putting in another system in my laptop?

No, no and no.  Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 9:32 PM   in reply to AxCxS12

Hi,

This might be a long shot but easy enough to test. Disable the OnOne plug-ins and see if you get better behavior. They may be conflicting since they also use OpenGL.

AxCxS12 wrote:

Optional and third party plug-ins:

Perfect Effects Free 3.0.2

Perfect Effects Free Filter 3.0.2

Perfect Effects Free Smart Filter 3.0.2

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)