Skip navigation
bsaucedo1
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, the Photoshop Element download that I get for my new IMac is getting a "invalid checksum" error?

Dec 12, 2011 1:49 PM

I don't think this is a problem on my side...any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2011 2:22 PM   in reply to bsaucedo1

Hi bsaucedo1,

It's my understanding that an "invalid checksum" error is a suggests that the file that you are trying to access is corrupt/damaged in transit to your computers disk. This could be because of an issue with network connection (yours or ours), or possibly damaged hardware. There's a disscusion on Apple's forums about troubleshooting this issue that might help you solve your problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1736023?start=0&tstart=0

Sorry I can't give you a more sure answer, I'll make sure to pass this on to one of our more experienced employees to try and help you out.

Tyler,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:32 PM   in reply to tgough88

Hold on. the fix you're suggesting is from 2008! how does this have any bearing on an issue in 2011-2012? i've tried to download and install a trial of photosp elements for 8 hours!!! i have a 100mb internet connection so download only takes a few minutes, but i've done it 6 times now and without success. everytime i get an invalid checksum error. i've tried downloading from US, UK and Germany and always the same error - VERY frustrating. i've read the blogs and none of the suggestions work - even downloading on one mac and transferring the file to another for install.

any up to date advice?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:42 PM   in reply to elem201204

Go to Finder > Type Disk Utility > Preferences and simply unchecking the box that says "Verify Checksums" . Close Disk Utility. Then PSE dmg should open fine and the program should install without any issues.

(You might want to re-check the verify checksums box after you've finished the installation though because it's there to help prevent the installation of corrupted .dmgs that could potentially harm your computer)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 2:58 AM   in reply to MANISH KUMAR

So I did what you said and the installation got part way through before encountering errors...

i have 750mb of space so no issue there. any other ideas? As I said, 6 times I've downloaded the file and the same error every time and I got rid of cookies etc that was suggested in another blog

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to MANISH KUMAR

Hi Manish,

this didn't fix the problem as when I ran the install it failed so it does

look like the 6 times I downloaded software there is a checksum problem...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to elem201204

Hi,

From are you downloading the software....?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

I tried, UK, US and Germany. Really frustrating and am on the brink of

buying Pixelmator as I need to do some work today...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to elem201204

download from here :-

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links- pse-premiere-pre.html

and then .....It will be faster then before it is direct download link without the download manager

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Thanks, I'll try

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to bsaucedo1

I am having the exact same problem.  I also accidentally downloaded Elements Premier (after the first Elements had a checksum error) and it installed just fine.   I downloaded Elements again and it had the same checksum error.  I'm now trying the direct download site suggested.  I hope it works.  No need to buy this product if I can't install it in the first place - and I really want to buy it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to cvillegal

The direct download worked!  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers