Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why I can't install any of the Adobe Touch Apps on my Motorola Xoom?

Apr 21, 2012 10:14 AM

Why I can't install any of the Adobe Touch Apps on my Motorola Xoom? I have being asking this the last 4-5 months and still no answer. Have the same problem as Zenithink ZT http://forums.adobe.com/message/4332465

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

Ignacio from Adobe mentioned in that thread that a hardware reset helped to clear the issue up. Maybe it's time for a wipe?

Using a Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi model) here. Have both Photoshop Touch and Kuler installed with no problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

Hi GeekGirl306a,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can you post a screen shot of "About this tablet" info like Warunicorn did for his Xoom in the thread you referenced?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

Thanks for the screen shots.

Do you get the same result from the Play Store app versus the browser?

If so try the following:

Open Apps > Play Store > Settings (may have to use the three bars in the upper right-hand corner)

In the Settings go to Content filtering, in there make sure everything this checked

If issue persists after that go to Apps > Settings > Manage applications

Find Google Play Store, try clearing the cache there and then try again

Do you have a USB storage device connected?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

Thanks for testing those things. I did a Google search related to the error and it looks like there are others that face this same problem. I had couple more questions

- Sometimes the error can be related to the country you're in. What country are you in and what country was the device purchased from?

- Not sure if this is a factor but is this an unrooted device, (the original OS for the tablet)?

- Have you purchased any other apps since you've been having this problem? (wondering if its unique to just Adobe app or other apps too)

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

What's that darker blue icon in the lower right? (The one with the solid diamond shape with a checkmark on it.) I recognize the other lighter blue icons but not that one. Just curious as I'm wondering if maybe an installed app is preventing things from working correctly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

I'm wondering if this is a Google Play issue related to the country you are in.

I was looking at these threads

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16845

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_is sues.cs&ki_topic=1319135

I'm wondering if this ongoing issue applies to your situation

Paid apps not available in territories

We've received reports that some users living in a territory don't have access to the same Android apps on Google Play as that territory's parent country, and we're investigating this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

Glad it finally worked

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

I think it is a Google Play issue they are actively working on. I'd recommend just waiting a few days and then trying again.

There is an option to open report an issue with Google Play on this link too

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_is sues.cs&ki_topic=1319135

you could confirm that that indeed is whats going on

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to GeekGirl306a

Yeah, I saw reports from other users about Content filtering being a possible cause. I think I mentioned that somewhere in this thread as something to check. Regardless, glad you finally got it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points