Skip navigation
daniel hanna
Currently Being Moderated

dreamweaver cs5.5 with phoneGap on osx Lion will not launch ios simulator

Apr 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Tags: #lion #cs5.5 #dreamweaver #phonegap

Once upgrading my system to Lion, dreamweaver cannot launch the ios simultor anymore.  Initially it would error out when building an app, but I fixed that by updating Camera.h. 

The app I am trying to build is just the sample jQuery mobile starter page included w/ dreamweaver.  I can build and run apps now, but dremweaver cannot open the simulator, so I have to open the prioject in xcode to simulate.

Does anyone know how to fix dreamweaver to allow launching ios simulator (in lion)?

@Adobe Dev Team - When does adobe plan to launch a patch for this?

System:

OSX Lion 10.7.3

xCode 4.3.2

dreamweaver cs5.5 with the latest updates

latest phonegap dreamweaver extention

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Daniel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to daniel hanna

Lion has changed a lot of the ways in which applications interact with the system.  Apple noted that as of Xcode 4.3 it would no longer reside in it's own folder, but rather in a contained app.  You will have to manually update the path to be:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

That is a hidden system path because of how Mac apps are installed and not a fault of Adobe here that you cannot open app packages within the Finder to select the Xcode application.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 8:59 PM   in reply to daniel hanna

I cant even get anything to even save in the settings for the ios path no matter what I type in. It's very frustrating.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points