Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Booklet in Publisher 2010 some of the pages printing upside down!

Apr 21, 2012 8:44 AM

Tags: #pages #printing #print #page

Hi -

I have a booklet that I'm printing in Publisher 2010.  I have a Epson Workforce 845 printer that handles duplicate printing.  This same document I had on another printer at my work place and it printed just fine.II had to do it manually because it wasn't a duplicate printer but it printed just fine for me doing that.  NOW,  I want to print it from home now since I work out of my house and will be using this printer from now on to print this booklet.  On the screen it looks fine.  But when I print it the cover page and next page is correct but then after that it starts printing upside down making it all mumbo jumbo.  I am working on Windows XP. 

What am I doing wrong? 

I have the settings marked as

booklet

portrait

8 x 11 paper

Print on both sides

Flip on long edge

print all pages.

Under printer properties I have 2 sided checked. 

I'm so frustrated. Thank you sooo much for your help!

Jennifer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to jenniferparkcox

Flip on short edge...

The flip refers to the sheet inthe printer, not the shape of the pages on the spread.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to jenniferparkcox

This is the Adobe InDesign forum.

MS Publisher is a Microsoft product.

A quick Google search for MS Publisher forum will bring up several results.

Here is one: http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=626

Try asking your question there.

People here use professional programs like InDesign and wouldn't touch MS Publisher with a ten foot pole, (except maybe to whack their computer out of frustration when attempting to fix issues with a Publsher file just to get it to print correctly, or a multitude of other problems).

Good Luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Bo LeBeau

Bo, no need to bash Publisher users.

And it wouldn't be the first time someone, including me, has asked for help her on an urelated topic. Our regulars have very braod real worl experience, and I' ike to think this forum has a faster, better, and more polite response record than any other on the 'net.

Since this is really a printing question, not specifiacally a Publisher question, I don't think it's totally out of line here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Peter, I understand,

But when first time posters ask seemingly unrelated questions, I think it wise to alert them to where they are and direct them to someplace that might be better able to answer their question.

That is why I posted a link to the MS Publisher forum at:  www.tek-tips.com

Many people end up here via Google searches and post questions willy-nilly.

Since you are required to sign up first before posting a question and you have to select a specific forum in which to post, it seems hard to understand how so many people profess surprise when someone hints that they may not be in the proper forum for their specific question. That is why everyday we see endless posts that have to direct them to the right place.

As for bashing MS Publisher files (not users), it's a matter to trying to preserve your sanity,

Pulling out hair in frustration when working with certain applications and their documents has lead to an alarming amount of hair loss.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to Bo LeBeau

My missing hair has nothing to do with publisher.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 1:43 PM   in reply to jenniferparkcox

Not having Publisher, I don't know if there are settings in the Publisher print dialog for duplexing as well as settings in the print driver itself, so there may be two places where page flip is being set, and they could be in conflict. If you can't get the pages to flip correctly by playing with the settings, you probably should go to the link that Bo posted earlier. You'll find actual Publisher users there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points