Skip navigation
aminamoreau
Currently Being Moderated

tween (blend) two items at once

Apr 21, 2012 4:08 AM

hey,

so i have two blends in one document. when i export to swf, there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to play concurrently in the file - they play consecutively. is there a way to get around this?

also, i have a path set to multiply, but when blended it seems to go to normal. does the blend tool not support layer (blending modes) modes?

thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to aminamoreau

You can blend between Groups. So instead of making two blends like this:

Object1>>>Object2

Object3>>>Object4

You can make one blend like this:

GroupA(Object1, Object3)>>>GroupB(Object2, Object4).

This may or may not be suitable for your artwork. If it doesn't, the thing to do would be to create two separate animations as Flash Symbols, and then use Flash to put them in the same movie and have them start at the same time.

It makes sense that Blends would convert to frames that play in sequence, because each blend can have a different number of steps. Otherwise, the interface would have to provide means by which you specify how the steps of the different Blends synchronize.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:28 AM   in reply to aminamoreau

What I believe you have to do is actually manually take eacch path of the second segment of the blend and place them in the corresponding layer of the path of the first section layered build and then export as a swf so that the paths are playing at the same time.

So you release the first section as a layer build then manually or perhaps with the script populate the corresponding layer in that build.

Or do this in with flash or after effects

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to aminamoreau

Can you post a screen shot of waaht you want the first frame and the last frame to look like?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:04 PM   in reply to aminamoreau

Ok so this is what I did I made

1. one path with two strokes

2 made the top stroke orange and gave it a transparency

3. increase the stroke

4. gave it dash settings so I only had a portion showing ( yopu hight be able to do this actually by using the transform effect and using the scaling feature decrease the length

5. then copied and pasted in front and curved the path and adjusted the transform and the dash (as I worte before you might not need to make a dash line but just scale the width of that stroke.

6. Then made the blend

7. This is important I then released to layers sequence

and I got this (I don't know why it is so big from my server?)

http://www.wadezimmerman.com/videos/bentline.swf

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

settings for the first art to give you an idea

Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 11.31.14 PM.png

Dash settingss

Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 12.08.44 AM.png

For the second which must be on top of the strat path art

Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 11.41.02 PM.png

the dash settings

Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 11.41.12 PM.png

the layers

Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 11.43.40 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:24 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

I checked it out you can do it without the dash line bu that requires a warp effect as well as a transform for the curved path. I can post screen shots if you want to try that approach.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to aminamoreau

>...i tried flattening the transparency but then it started changing my shapes...

Flattening transparency performs Boolean operations (add, subtract, intersect, etc,) on the original objects to create a new set of objects which only appear to be translucent. So you are dealing with a different set of paths after flattening transparency. The result of a Blend is very dependent upon number of objects involved, object stacking order, number of anchorPoints in each path involved, and winding direction of those paths. That's why predictable Blends are constructed from carefully-drawn paths, keeping those factors in mind; not from the results of automated "shortcut" features like autotracing, flattening, etc.

(...as a side note, why does my orange block change shape in 1 and 2?)

I don't know what the bottom row of images is supposed to depict. But it will have to do with one of the factors mentioned above (winding direction, etc.)

Sample (3K)

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to aminamoreau

BTW someone else asked if you can if you can make a movie out of the swf file and the answer is yes both in After Effects and Preneire Pro excellent results.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points