Why I can't install any of the Adobe Touch Apps on my Motorola Xoom? I have being asking this the last 4-5 months and still no answer. Have the same problem as Zenithink ZT http://forums.adobe.com/message/4332465
Ignacio from Adobe mentioned in that thread that a hardware reset helped to clear the issue up. Maybe it's time for a wipe?
Using a Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi model) here. Have both Photoshop Touch and Kuler installed with no problems.
Thanks for the screen shots.
Do you get the same result from the Play Store app versus the browser?
If so try the following:
Open Apps > Play Store > Settings (may have to use the three bars in the upper right-hand corner)
In the Settings go to Content filtering, in there make sure everything this checked
If issue persists after that go to Apps > Settings > Manage applications
Find Google Play Store, try clearing the cache there and then try again
Do you have a USB storage device connected?
Hi Dave: None of the Adobe Touch Apps show when I search them thru the Playstore. I can only see them on the browser with the not compatible note on all of them. I did clear the cache and on Content filtering all was already checked. After that at last all Adobe Touch Apps show BUT unfortunately when I try to buy them I get yet another message - The app cannot be found!!! - see the screenshots. I don't have anything connected to it - space is not object since this is the 32 GB one and I have 28.17 GB available plus an SD card of 8GB empty... I have my google account set with a valid credit card and all, this tablet has all the requirements listed in Adobe and still nothing!!
Thanks for testing those things. I did a Google search related to the error and it looks like there are others that face this same problem. I had couple more questions
- Sometimes the error can be related to the country you're in. What country are you in and what country was the device purchased from?
- Not sure if this is a factor but is this an unrooted device, (the original OS for the tablet)?
- Have you purchased any other apps since you've been having this problem? (wondering if its unique to just Adobe app or other apps too)
- I'm in Puerto Rico and the tablet was purchased on a Best Buy here in Puerto Rico
- It had the original OS when I bought it -had the same problem and it was updated to IceCreamSandwich when it came out
- Yes I have downloaded other apps - both free and purchased - only have this issue with all the Adobe Touch Apps - other apps from Adobe have being downloaded with no issues such as Photoshop Express, Flash, Air and Acrobat…
What's that darker blue icon in the lower right? (The one with the solid diamond shape with a checkmark on it.) I recognize the other lighter blue icons but not that one. Just curious as I'm wondering if maybe an installed app is preventing things from working correctly.
I'm wondering if this is a Google Play issue related to the country you are in.
I was looking at these threads
I'm wondering if this ongoing issue applies to your situation
Hello David: I tried again last night thru the PlayStore and finally I was able to find the apps and this time allowed me to buy, download and install the Adobe Touch Apps I was interested in. I read the thread and the person also is in Puerto Rico - Go figure! We are a United States territory as a commonwealth but sometimes we are also considered international, since we are not on the continental USA or a formal state of the USA. I've been trying to download this apps since I bought it on november of last year!!!
Thanks for all your help & patience!!!
I think it is a Google Play issue they are actively working on. I'd recommend just waiting a few days and then trying again.
There is an option to open report an issue with Google Play on this link too
you could confirm that that indeed is whats going on
Europe, Middle East and Africa