Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How Do I Change The Resolution?

Apr 21, 2012 10:26 AM

Tags: #resolution

Hello Community, hello Support Team,

I am new to Premiere Elements. I use PE 10.

I use the german version of PE. So please excuse me, when my terms do not match correctly.

I was looking for a possiblity to change the project's resolution. I have found the "Project's Preferences" ("Projekt Eigenschaften").

There you find the resolution in pixels. But I can not change it. It is greyed out.

I have had the correct resolution until I have tried out one of the given titles. Then PE automatically changed the resolution. It now has a widescreen-format. I can not change it back. Even if I start a new project, there is set a widescreen. But PE shows a resolution of 720 x 576, which is definitely not widescreen.

It's quite odd for me. But I think, there is a simple one-click-solution.

In case you suggest a bug, here are my specs:

Windows Vista, Home Premium, Service Pack 02

Quadcore 8 GB, 8 GHertz

Graphic Card: NVidia GeForce 9600 GT, 500 MB

and lots of space on my harddisk

I am looking forward to your answers ;-)

Kind regards

Arnim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to Solution/ Aspect Ratio

Welcome to the forum.

You cannot alter the resolution, or FPS, etc., of an existing Project.

You can only make those changes, when you choose New Project, from one of the available Presets.

Note: PrE has a rather long list of possible Presets, that should match the Source Footage 100%, but does NOT have a Custom Preset, where you can change attributes to accommodate non-standard Footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to Solution/ Aspect Ratio

As for the Titles, if you have chosen, say a DV (PAL for Germany) Standard 4:3, the Title Templates should match that Project's Preset and Frame Size. There should be no changes, what so ever.

If I read correctly, you are saying that you have a PAL Standard 4:3 Project for matching Source Footage, but when you add a Title (New Title), the Project is changing to Widescreen 16:9. Is that correct? That should not be possible, as PrE will match the Title to the Project, and not the other way around. Which Title Template did you choose?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to Solution/ Aspect Ratio

Well, as I do not use camcorder-footage, I do not consider the standard resolutions to be very helpfull. I have the images rendered by a CGI (3D-) programm. So I can define the resolution of the (input-)images on my own.

If you are planning on using PrE (PrPro allows for Custom Frame Sizes, FPS, etc.), I would "reverse-engineer" things a bit. I would look to the "standard" Video Formats/Frame Sizes, and THEN Export to the chosen one, and one, that PrE supports. That will make life much easier.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 7:44 AM   in reply to Solution/ Aspect Ratio

>not as a professional function

That is why this forum/program is called Premiere Elements... the professional forum/program is Premiere Pro, where you may create a custom project to match your video... but, do not buy PPro and expect it to instantly work with the CODEC produced by your CGI software, since computer generated video is still sometimes hard to edit, even with PPro

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points