Skip navigation
SimonPrimer
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone explain to me the Adobe Illustrator Obama Birth Birth Certificate forgery claim?

Apr 21, 2012 11:08 AM

This is a purely technical question and I am not interested in the politics at all. Please don't get angry. It is not my intention to offend.

I am open minded and want to understand the technology but some things have not been explained to me:

People who claim that it is authentic say that the different layers are caused by the OCR scanning process.

The people who claim that it is a forgery respond by saying that the OCR process could not cause links to images that are rotated 90 degrees and then scaled. They claim that this proves that the Birth Certificate was composed of different images.

Again this is a purely technical question and I am not interested in the politics at all. Could someone explain to me the links to rotated and scaled images?

This is one video that discusses the links issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdxaXaTcRQs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 1:48 PM   in reply to SimonPrimer

Many years ago I intended to become the burgomaster of a lost village. Some officials told me I'd have to provide my birth certificate in order to take that office.

Unfortunately I could only offer a birth birth certificate – just as your headline describes. The officials were then confused and thought it was something about reincarnation. An illegal act, specifically for a designated burgomaster.

That may not have answered your question. It's probably irrelevant.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to Kurt Gold

Kurt

But I don't under stand how a burgomaster caan lose a village and why you had to forge your birth certificate and then get reincarnated to boot.

As far as the OP is concern you have to rotate it in order to understand it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to SimonPrimer

SimonPrimer wrote:

No.  I just wrote birth twice by accident.

I wonder if scanning software can make mistakes like this.

OCR and linked images that's a good one! The person narrating that video doesn't know their *** from their elbow.

Read abot what OCR means and what it produces and then read about Llinked images.

You'll see what I mean.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 7:41 PM   in reply to SimonPrimer

Good try!

We know you have a political agenda, you're not fooling anyone.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:49 PM   in reply to SimonPrimer

And you just answered your own question.

Now you won't happen to be the guy who narrates the video would you?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to SimonPrimer

At first it looked like an OCR results, but it's probably more an optimizing process. Whatever explanations you might get some folks will always beleive it's a fake certiciate, and others will beleive is a true one.

Since some of you might stumble on a FoxNews interview with me on this subjet, I'm posting my reply to FoxNews that they never agree to add to the original posting. http://bit.ly/A8gjek

Can we now return to Illustrator? ...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points