Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Website constructed with Dreamweaver CS5.5 won't open properly in a web browser

Apr 21, 2012 4:47 PM

I’m trying to host thi site again. The site (www.nancyshalenphotography.com) does not display as programmed.

1. This site exists in two forms:
    1. The Design form
    2. The Live View/Browser form.
  2. The site is how I envisioned it when opened  in Live & Browser view.
  3. So I Push (Site è Push it to the webhost).
    1. It opens in the Design form (ugly and links don’t work) and not the Live View/Browser form.
      • I tried editing the code by pasting in the Live View code. Didn’t work.
  4. I called support and they said all of my files refer to my computer and no hosting company could get to those files. It doesn’t entirely make sense to me as something (albeit the wrong thing) opened, viz. the Design form. This is the first time they have seen such a circumstance.
    1. This is the code they are referring to:
      • <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
      • <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
      • <head>
      • <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
      • <title>Nancy Shalen: Homepage</title>
      • <link href="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/CSS/menu_tabs.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
      • <link href="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/css/Me nu/basic/SpryMenuBasic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
      • <script src="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/includ es/SpryDOMUtils.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      • <script src="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/includ es/SpryDOMEffects.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      • <script src="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/includ es/SpryWidget.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      • <script src="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/includ es/SpryMenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      • <script src="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/includ es/plugins/MenuBar2/SpryMenuBarKeyNavigationPlugin.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        • <script src="file:///C|/Root Folder/nancy_photography_4172012/nancy_photography/Spry-UI-1.7/includ es/plugins/MenuBar2/SpryMenuBarIEWorkaroundsPlugin.js" type="text/javascript"></script>  
      • Could you please look at the code and see what I did wrong?
    2. Thank you.
  5. prsnrs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 7:15 PM   in reply to prsnrs

1. Open the online page in Firefox

2. Right click on the page and choose View Page Source

3. The resultnat code is what the browser sees as per

_Capture.jpg

4. (left) click the link pointed to and you will see

_Capture.jpg

This means that the file cannot be found by the browser.

This is caused when the link is not correct (path issue) or that the file has not been uploaded (into the correct directory/folder)

You can repeat the same procedure for each of the other links with the same result.

Gramps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points