Skip navigation
DreamcastGuy
Currently Being Moderated

Install Error 1935 Adobe Premier Elements 10 Windows 7 64

Apr 21, 2012 9:01 PM

So Windows 7 looks like it's finishing up installing Premier Elements 10 when I get an error message and Windows rolls back the install.  I know others might have had similar issues but I haven't found any sort of solution that works.

I spent about 6 hours trying different things.  Trying to use safe mode and running without any extra services through MSconfig.

I even tried reinstalling NET Framework and changing the registry keys  (which I wasn't able to do since it won't let me delete the .NET Framework key even with permissions.)

I also downloaded the trial version of Premier elements but it came up with the same error message.

Here is what I keep on getting:

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/Dreamcastguy/Error.png

I will be calling the phone support on Monday but I have a feeling  they will say it's just something wrong with my computer.  Which I don't  think is possible because I was able to install the Vegas HD trial and  other programs easily enough.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 9:30 PM   in reply to DreamcastGuy

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to look over this ARTICLE, which is basically a checklist for general installations of Adobe programs.

If nothing there helps, then see this LINK.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 2:54 AM   in reply to DreamcastGuy

You might try the Microsoft 'Fixit Tool' here: http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/. That solved a problem I was having with a program install/uninstall.

I also had a problem where an application install kept rolling-back at the end. That problem was identified as being caused by too long a path name. I copied the install folder to a top level folder ( eg. C:\install) and that worked fine.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 11:33 AM   in reply to DreamcastGuy

Good news, a bit drastic but at least you're sorted out. Happy editing.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers