Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

What is the equivilant of the Cyan/Red slider?

Apr 21, 2012 8:30 AM

I'm so used to the color balance tool, but I love that camera raw is so easy to change a large folder of images quickly without an action.

The whitle balance (is like blue/yellow slider), and the tint, (which is like the magenta/ green slider), there is no equivilant of the red/ cyan slider there?

Ditto same question for the white/ black points in the levels adjustment layer -- is there an equivilant of that in camera Raw? So nice to be able to quickly click on a white spot and see it everything becomes nuetral. Don't see that ability in Camera Raw, maybe I missed it. (assuming you did not take a grey card shot for the white balance tool).

Finally I remember, is it lightroom though that there were all these color sliders, very in depth, can't locate that now! thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to kevin4545

A combination of two sliders:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/CIExy1931.png/300px-CIExy1931.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to kevin4545

Expanding on what Dorin says, if you combine the effects of the Blue-Yellow and Green-Magenta sliders, you are actually emulating a Cyan-Red slider, so one is not essential.

Set your white point with Exposure (Whites in ACR7), and black point with Blacks.

Set grey point with Shift-click.

Colour sliders are available in HSL tab (only on CS, not Elements), and also via Targetted Adjustment Tool.

It's all there. If anything, Camera Raw tools are a more logical set than Photoshop's for photographers.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to kevin4545

Click across all the little tabs on the right to see what adjustments are available.  The HSL sliders are only in the newer versions of ACR, and you haven’t said what version of Photoshop and ACR you’re using.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 4:08 PM   in reply to kevin4545

It's the 4th tab: called HSL / Grayscale. Shortcut key Ctrl-Alt-4.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 8:22 PM   in reply to kevin4545

HSL+Hue, Saturation & Lightness...

And what you are talking about is the Targeted Adjustment Tool (TAT).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 1:18 AM   in reply to kevin4545

kevin4545 wrote:

THANKS, TAT, Not in PS yet?

By the way, you activate TAT by pressing T, and you can then select its function by right-clicking the preview, and choosing from Curve, Hue, Saturation, Luminance or Grey mix. Click, and Drag a sample to adjust.

I don't know if there's anything equivalent in Photoshop. There's nothing that I'm aware of.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to Yammer

Yammer P wrote:

I don't know if there's anything equivalent in Photoshop. There's nothing that I'm aware of.

Curves, Hue&Sat and B&W adjustment layers all have the ability to turn on "on the image" adjustments like the TAT. It's just not called that. Look for the little hand with arrows on the adjustment layers controls.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to kevin4545

kevin4545 wrote:

Yammer, click T in LR? I did not and I did not get TAT.

In LR? This is the Camera Raw forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to kevin4545

kevin4545 wrote:

Don't see a little hand in adjustment layers, just see the three little triangle pointers up at bottoms of the dialogue box to pull sliders. TAT so unique in that you are sliding right on a nose or a cheek.

Are you using Photoshop CS5? The PS Adjustment layers have the PS version of TAT which allows on the image adjustments.

TAT-inCurves.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points