Skip navigation
kchorny1
Currently Being Moderated

"Audio Mix" volume settings premiere elements 10 not "sticking"

Apr 19, 2012 8:23 PM

The "Audio Mix" volume settings that I set after adding a soundtrack to video in premiere elements 10 have stopped working and are no longer "sticky". I am running premiere elements on a Macbook pro with about 100GB free disc space and 8MB RAM. The volume settings adjusted using "Audio Mix" would previously "stick" as adjusted. I have not altered anything in how I adjust the volumes but "Audio Mix" has suddenly stopped functioning.  Both the soundtrack and main captured audio track maintain full volume despite adjustment. I have tried to restart the computer and reload the program to no avail.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 2:09 AM   in reply to kchorny1

With the audio mixer open, scrub the CTI back and forth a couple times and see if the audio mixer controls refresh. When I first open the audio mixer, the controls are in the default position. After moving the CTI on the timeline back and forth a couple times, the controls refreshed with the correct settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to Robert J. Johnston

Also, when you say "no longer sticky" do you mean that you used to be able to adjust the volume with the Mixer and it would stay adjusted but no longer does?

What happens if you manually set the volume level line by dragging it and creating audio keyframes on it?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 8:14 PM   in reply to kchorny1

Exactly how did you set the Audio Mixer sliders?

Was this done at the beginning of the Timeline, or while the Timeline was playing?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 5:56 AM   in reply to kchorny1

K, it would be very helpful if you'd see if you can manually set volume levels and create keyframes, as I suggested above.

That would help us get to the bottom of your Mixer problem.

But we can't help you unless you help us troubleshoot your problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 4:36 AM   in reply to kchorny1

If that works, then your Audio Mixer will work also.

Make sure that you're applying it to a clip that has not had adjustments applied to it and make your adjustments to the Mixer as your video is playing and you should have no problem.

Otherwise, please give us as much details as possible what you're doing. And be sure to try to make the Mixer keyframes on a variety of clips

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 1:56 AM   in reply to kchorny1

Also, could you let us know, whether this is a clip or project specific problem? Or it happens with each and every project?

This might help in narrowing down the problem.

Thanks,

Aniks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points