Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process for contact form inquiry case management

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gday BC users

I have a client who is keen to use BC email the way BC intends it to be used. However, I have not got a good explanation of how this is done.

For example, when a customer submits a contact form enquiry, my client receives a workflow notification, who then opens the secure link which takes him directly into the case.

He then uses the BC reply from within that case area. Then the original customer receives the replied email with a chance to 'reply above this line' and start a thread of emails. After the customer does reply, the subsequent emails only occur within the email clients, and not BC. Is this to be expected? I thought all emails would  be kept within the database, and a thread would take place that is on record within BC.

Can anyone point me to a page that explains the process that the BC system intends the client to perform?

cheers

Darryl

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Gday Mario and Liam

I have read about the CST in the BC knowledgbase now, and I can see that it does need to be setup. I was mistakenly under the impression that the database-collected emails were setup by default, so thought it mysterious that they weren't doing so.

Thanks for that, I can see that it does need to be set up, so I'll jump into that, I'm keen to get it enabled.

cheers

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Darryl,

The emails are now replies, same thing happens in systems like basecamp. If you go to the case you should see the messages there.

One thing to note is do not treat things as "BC system intends the client to peform" NO system should force a client into a way of running. Yep a system works as it works and you as a business help your clients business not just their site to mould and improve into their new setup but the system is not like "DO IT THIS WAY". You got a number of ways you can run it and it is all dependent on the clients needs and how they prefer to do things. You can not even reply in Business catalyst if you like and your client just run from the workflow email without logging into BC if they choose to do it that way.

It is up to them and yourself on how you from their workflow with the website which suits them the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gday Liam,

thanks for your help with this, and my prior post in the old forum system where you also helped me. Those forums of course became archived and I couldn't keep that one going.

I do love that BC allows many ways to achieve things, not one strictly enforced way. My problem is that I can't find documentation on how to do it any way.

When I reply from my workflow messages, the emails stay within the realm of email client systems. I have a client who would now prefer to use the method that is like Basecamp (I use Basecamp). However, I can't work it out.

For example, when I reply to the customer's inquiry from within the Case area (via the 'New Message' button), and then the client replies in return (above the line), it doesn't show up in the Cases area.

If these steps are correct, and the message is actually meant to show up in the cases thread, I'm stumped, and perhaps this is rather a support issue?

cheers

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use our CST in support and this should certainly work. Please submit a detailed case with support and they will help you troubleshoot this.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gday Mario and Liam

I have read about the CST in the BC knowledgbase now, and I can see that it does need to be setup. I was mistakenly under the impression that the database-collected emails were setup by default, so thought it mysterious that they weren't doing so.

Thanks for that, I can see that it does need to be set up, so I'll jump into that, I'm keen to get it enabled.

cheers

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darry,

Can you share how you got that fixed?

Customer is using Google Apps email.

Thx.

Lalit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gday Lalit

I missed your post, not sure how, my apologies.

I did not follow up with creating the CST, it seemed overkill for my client. So they have to 'live with' getting emails only within their email client, and not showing up in their cases. If anyone can point out another way that is not wholly CST, I'd love to hear it.

Liam's explanation mentioned it being like Basecamp (ie. in Basecamp you CAN reply via just using email (rather than logging in to Basecamp), and the message is also added to the system, viewable in the system, archived...know what I mean), but I haven't been able to experience BC in that way.

Would love to have that pointed out in more detail if anyone can.

cheers

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I meant was the system has a system url email from basecamp. The odd client we have replies to an email, writes things and expects us to recieve it. We do not because it goes to the system used from email to send the email out and does not go to us at all or stored in the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines