• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System E-Mail Issue

Guide ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on with the system emails? Currently e-mail marketing test emails are taking quite a while to be delivered and it seems workflows are effected also. It has taken 50 minutes for test emails to come in and I am still missing some and a recent workflow took over 10 minutes. I know others are having this issue as mentioned here, here, here, and here. System emails used to be sent instantly before. What is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Hi Lynda,

These delays happen when our server's IP address gets blacklisted temporarily. This usually fixes itself after some time. Also, we have changed the way workflows and those other emails are sent. They used to be sent from the SMTP server which resided on the actual web server, but now they're queued on dedicated server which sends all the mail.

I have heard from the dev team that we will look into fixing this deliveribility of system emails in the near future.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynda,

These delays happen when our server's IP address gets blacklisted temporarily. This usually fixes itself after some time. Also, we have changed the way workflows and those other emails are sent. They used to be sent from the SMTP server which resided on the actual web server, but now they're queued on dedicated server which sends all the mail.

I have heard from the dev team that we will look into fixing this deliveribility of system emails in the near future.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. After working with things more today the longest delay was 50 minutes as mentioned above but on average the delay was about 3-5 minutes. Thanks again for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mario, I also have had this problem, as have all my clients, and I have also heard from other Partners about this.   It is actualy averaging quite a bit longer than that, and then sometimes I'll get 50 emails all at once.  Its not good.  It was MUCH better before you made the change.  It isnt really acceptable to have to wait for orders, requests, or even complaints from your website.  Is there anything that can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nelz55,

We have communicated these issues to the dev team and they will take a look at this and see how the deliveribility can be improved.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It's starting to become a problem.

Neil

Neil Eisenberg

Design Intervention Studio

"The Art of the Web"

19 Birch Lane

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-8052

www.designinterventionstudio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a support ticket right after posting this and this was the reply:

"As Mario mentioned on the forum post there are times where mail servers are using temporary deferrals that can last anywhere from a couple of minutes up to several hours or even more.

An important role here Lynda is playing the from email address that you set up for your campaigns. Based on this each mail server will check to see if the sender is a legitimate one and act accordingly based on it.

Your domain has as SPF record defined to include _spf.google.com however looking at the DNS this SPF record is not a valid SPF record.

You should place the quotes only at the beginning and at the end of the record.

Also you need to include the IP 192.150.2.139 which is the IP from where we are sending out newsletters and system e-mail. This IP is for all sites hosted on the United Stated data center.

So Lynda you need to remove the SPF records that you have defined on your site and create a new one that has the following structure:

"v=spf1 mx ip4:192.150.2.0/24 include:_spf.google.com ~all"

Even though this will not fix entirely the issue here you will notice an improvement here. I've done some tests and for Yahoo and Gmail if the emails sent from your site is using the original email address I receive it in a couple of minutes. However using a proper from email address that has the SPF record set up the email will be receive in a couple of seconds. Now this depends a lot on how the mail servers are being set up Lynda (maybe where you are trying to receive emails the mail servers are having Greylisting enabled)."

After changing this information I have noticed improvments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are they actually saying that we have to go into every one of our sites and hand edit the SPF record to be what it says here? That seems crazy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using BC nameservers, it is already done for you.

Test at http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/

The ones I spot checked all had 192.150.2.0/24 already entered, as well as a few others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my business nothing could be more important than 'workflow notifications' to 'BC Webmail' work flawlessly.  I had significant issues last week at a very inoportune time when it took 12hrs for worflows to hit webmail system.  I had to redirect each workflow manually from the admin panel with cut and paste.  A vertical business model i'm working on is reservations for restaurants and if reservations made online dont reach the restaurant in a few minutes its useless..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. If this was supposed to be an improvement its not.  In fact its a major game changer.  I still see lags and you can blame aol, gmail, yahoo, or anyone else, but the fact remains all emails from the system have to go out immediately or theyre basically worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workflow emails and other system notifications do leave the sites immediately. When they arrive is another point and that's what you need to address, if the "from email address" is not hosted on BC. The receiving servers check if the from email, which is on aol domain has originated from the aol servers and if it's orginated on BC or anywhere alse other than AOL they'll know that. This is where SPF record comes into play.

As Bill has pointed out above, all domains hosted on BC will have a valid SPF and the IP address of the sending server will abe included in SPF. This is not a case for domains hosted externally, which is why you have to set up the SPF record to include our IP.

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the one s I am referring to are hosted with BC.

Neil

Neil Eisenberg

"The Art of the Web"

19 Birch Lane

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-8052

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mario, as it stands now, I. Am not getting 3/4 of the mail the systems send out. I know a large part of it is because my partner email, and therefore all the mail I get such as workflows and weekly reports, goes to an aol address. I stupidly did it that way from the start because it was a shorter address to type each time, but I'm. Wondering if it should be changed . It is also the login for Adobe, and so it was changed over to be my master login with this new system change.

Is this something I should change? Do I just go to my account page in the partner portal and change to my BC hosted address? If so will I need to change all my logins (forFTP). Is this a big deal? I don't want to cause problems but the mail issue is bad. I get 40 - 50 undeliverable messages every day. The funny thing is BC can't deliver my mail, but they have no problem delivering the message SAYING that they were unable to deliver my mail.... To the same address that was supposedly undeliverable. The whole thing is getting out of control. I has to take precious hours in the day dealing with this if I don't absolutely have to. What are your thoughts?

Neil

Neil Eisenberg

"The Art of the Web"

19 Birch Lane

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-8052

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

I can recommend you enough to use something like info@designinterventionstudio.com for all communications going out to your clients instead some AOL address.

If you reach out to support we can add an email address to your partner portal and make that a partner user and change the partner email address to it so that all communication goes out from it. Once that's done you can simply go to partner portal and add that address to all your sites and remove the AOL one.

Or, you can take advantage of this adobe ID merge and if you haven't merged yet, you can create and Adobe ID for info@designinterventionstudio.com and then merge your BC aol username witht that ID. That will do it automatically across all sites.

Anyway, it's not too much work and you'll certainly beneft from it. Sending email from neil@aol.com when those emails do not originate at aol.com will certainly have concequences on deliveribility.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. I unfortunately DID already merge. And it is the AOL address.

So I will take your advice and let support know that I want to change to a different address.

Then I'll do it all manually.

Thanks for the advice.

Neil

Neil Eisenberg

"The Art of the Web"

19 Birch Lane

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-8052

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil,

One thing I can say is I send campaigns and other emails to AOL users and the rates can be and have been horrible. This is not BC's fault. It is the way AOL handles their mail system. The problem with AOL is widespread. Hope you can get the issue sorted out with another email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines