• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish with flash player, subscribe with iphone

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment it isn't possible to publish audio and webcam with flash player and subscribe to this stream with an iphone due to the lack of support for the aac codec of flash player.

Now I was wondering if it is possible to publish audio and webcam to a stream and subscribe with and iphone to this stream and remove the audio, so that if people subscribe with a flash player to the stream they can use the audio!

Is something like that possible? So people on an iphone don't have audio and people on a flash player client do have audio? I want to make a webcam platform available on an iphone. At the moment it is only flash player on a pc to flash player on a pc.

The publishing part is on a pc with flash player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rusido,

As I can see your problem, I have a question like why dont you use iOS streaming avaialble in FMS4.5 onwards: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSeb6b7485f9649bf23d103e5512e08f3a338-8000.htm...

Not sure, if you are not inerested in HLS streaming for a particular reason.

Regards,

Shiraz Anwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can use that one, but it doesn't support the audio published with flash player (browser) or does it?

I mean if someone is publishing using a webcam and audio,  the wrong audio codec is published, something like speex while the media serevr can only handle AAC.

Regards,

Ruben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Rusido.

Using FP, currently you can't send audio to ios devices, but after h.264 support in FP from 11.0 onwards, video can be send.

Why dont you try FMLE that can publish h.264 and AAC audio to FMS and from there it can be received to your ios client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question i think is, if audio and video is send using FP in a stream, so another instance of FP can receive this stream, can at the same time an ios device receive the same stream without audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines