Skip navigation
iApplelover
Currently Being Moderated

Will I be able to share photos between Aperture and Elements Organizer?

Apr 21, 2012 9:52 PM

I have Aperture and mostly use it instead of iPhoto. However, it seems like I cannot use Aperture photos/videos in Premiere Elements. If there is a way to use Aperture photos as in iMovie where you can drag and drop Aperture photos and videos into the movie, please tell me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 5:55 AM   in reply to iApplelover

I don't know what Aperture is, but if you go to the File/Import menu on the Elements Organizer on a Mac you will find the option to import your iPhoto library into the Organizer -- and then you will be able to move the photos into a Premiere Elements project from there. You can not interface directly between Premiere Elements and iPhoto or Aperture however.

You can also just use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From Files and Folders to get any photos or video into your video project.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve,

Aperture is (or at least was) an Image processing program, rather like Adobe's Lightroom. It has a cataloging function, but offers Image processing capabilities also.

As for working with the resulting Images, if Saved to a common format, such as PNG, JPEG, GIF, PSD (do not recall if it can Save_As PSD, the Photoshop format?), etc., those Images should Import just fine.

As for the Aperture Catalogs/Albums, I do not know the answer.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points