Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

parametrics in 5.5

Apr 22, 2012 9:29 AM

One of the things I really like about 5.5 is the parametric EQ.  Question: if you use the built-in parametric on each track, where in the signal flow does it appear?  I'm still loading a parametric into the effects list, because I want it to come AFTER a mixing console plugin I use a lot.

Question 2: There's no difference in processing load between the built-in parametric and one loaded into the effects list, right?

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,593 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to therealdobro

therealdobro wrote:

One of the things I really like about 5.5 is the parametric EQ.  Question: if you use the built-in parametric on each track, where in the signal flow does it appear?  I'm still loading a parametric into the effects list, because I want it to come AFTER a mixing console plugin I use a lot.

It comes into the signal chain in the place it appears in the mixer - everything travels downwards in the correct order. In othere words, after the insert point for FX. So if you want it to occur before a plugin, then you have to use an instance in the FX list, yes.

Question 2: There's no difference in processing load between the built-in parametric and one loaded into the effects list, right?

I don't believe that there is, no. Or if there is, it's insignificant.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points