• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(help) how to extend textbox from stage to oop method

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, just a simple question. I have a textbox inside the stage. I just want to know how will I access it using oop methodology. Thank you for your help guys.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Select the textfield and then assign it and instance name in the Properties panel... if you don't see an option for that in the properties panel you need to change it to be a dynamic textfield.  Once you have an instance name assigned to it, you use that name to target it for anything you want to do with it.  For instance, if you name it "tField", then to assign some text to it you would use...

tField.text = "some text";

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the textfield and then assign it and instance name in the Properties panel... if you don't see an option for that in the properties panel you need to change it to be a dynamic textfield.  Once you have an instance name assigned to it, you use that name to target it for anything you want to do with it.  For instance, if you name it "tField", then to assign some text to it you would use...

tField.text = "some text";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines