Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Catalog conversion error from PSE 9 to PSE10

Apr 22, 2012 7:47 PM

Each time I try to convert the PSE 9 catalog using PSE10 I get an unspecified error. 

I had problems after initially loading the programs and probably didn't choose the correct option to convert the catalog when first prompted. (I loaded Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Premiere 10).  I currently have PSE 9.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs.  When I tried to convert the catalog, the program acted it was going to work, but then the conversion stopped part way through and gave me the error.

After a couple of tries more unsuccessful tries at converting the catalog, I logged out of the program.  The next time I opened the PSE10 Organizer, it showed a message that said it was updating and seemed to get stuck in a loop.  I stopped the program and restarted it with the same result.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the programs again so that I could get past this step.

Before I tried to convert again from PSE 10, I first tried to repair and optimize the catalog from PSE 9.  That did not seem to help and I got the same unspecified error part way through the conversion. 

Please advise.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 8:01 PM   in reply to KWtally

If you have any video files in the PSE9 Organizer, delete them from the catalog (but not from disk) and try the conversion again.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 8:55 PM   in reply to KWtally

Hold down your Ctrl+Shift keys when starting the PSE10 Organizer to get to the Catalog Manager.  There you can tell it to create a new catalog, which will be used when it starts up.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 8:39 PM   in reply to KWtally

Have you removed the video files from the catalog using PSE9 before attempting the conversion?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 9:15 PM   in reply to KWtally

How much free space is on the drive that's being used as a scratch disk (use the Editor's Edit...Preferences...Performance to see this info)?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to KWtally

Nope, the video files are the usually the culprit.

In both Organizers, make sure you've turned off all Media Analysis, Watch Folders and Backup/Sync options.

See if these two Adobe troubleshooting documents will help:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/elementsorganizer/using/WSeffff8bffc802084 55b8a63d13175a0c394-8000.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-catalog-back up-conversion-elements.html

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points