Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some NetStream statuses are not triggered anymore with FP 11.2

Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in charge of developing a video recorder in as3 (http://hdfvr.com) and the video recorder has been working fine for the past 2 years however with the latest FP update (11.2) it has stopped working because these 3 NetStream events are never triggered anymore:

HDFVR.netStatusHandler(NetStream.Buffer.Empty) _state=uploading

HDFVR.netStatusHandler(NetStream.Record.Stop) _state=idle

HDFVR.netStatusHandler(NetStream.Unpublish.Success) _state=idle

This happens regardless of the media server used (Red5/FMIS/Wowza)

I have posted this issue in the Adobe Flash Player Bug Database:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3154124

I have also informed my clients and they're waiting for a fix, unfortunately I am not sure I can do a workaround without those NetStream events.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably be better off posting in one of the Pro (sub)forums here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up!  I'll investigate further internally.  I'd like to recommend anyone else affected by this issue to please visit Octavian's bug and vote and comment.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe this is now fixed with Flash Player 11.3 Beta 2 which was released yesterday.  Could you give this a shot and let us know how it works for you?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you we will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've report the same problem using Flash Player 11.2.

From test that performed using  Flash Player 11.3 beta 3 the issue seems to be solved, so I can handle NetStream.Buffer.Empty event correctly.

I'd like to ask your suggestion how is possibile workaround this problem until Flash Player 11.3 is not release as stable version.

Some users that use automatic update has Flash Player update to last stable release (11.2), I'd like to ask you suggestion how to correct manage this case.

I'd like to introduce some modification in the code for handle this case for example start a timer and monitor how many data are present in buffer, and when buffer is empty, use same function that should be called when NetStream.Buffer.Empty event is raised?

I'd kindly like to ask if you can give to me some suggestion.

Thank you very much

Maurizio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Maurizio, check out the comments in the bug entry on bugbase.adobe.com for a suggested workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines