Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

XML Usage

Apr 23, 2012 2:03 AM

Tags: #flash #swf #images #xml #dynamic_text #gallery #tlf_text #interactivity #external_interface #directory_listing

I am writing a flash movie at present and am learning on the fly as it were.  I've reached a point now where i need a good tutorial, but lynda.com and other such places dont appear to have what i need.

Im looking to learn how to read an XML file such as a wordpress database, pull out salient information, i.e  look for posts in the database with the tag "Article" and allow the user to see a list of them, and then view the one they want from within my flash movie. 

secondary, i'd also like the movie to look into an images folder, and create a gallery of those images.

im sure most of you have gathered that i'm basically trying to create a flash movie that i dont have to interfere with once its set up, and simply add new content by uploading images into a folder, or adding posts to the wordpress database, from a wordpress blog.

And links to suitable tuts, or any advice that can be offered on this would be most gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks

Matt

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points