Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

re-install adobe flash player everytime i restart the computer

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i found a thread in the ADOBE forum where a user reported he had to reinstall adobe flash player everytime he restarts his computer. I am having the same problem, can you please walk me through a solution?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Gustavo_123 wrote:

Please note that the "Macromed" folder under "C:\Windows\syswow64" has a lock  (it has some permission resctriction).

That may explain your problem.  Please try http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370, then do another clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Pat mentioned, knowing your operating system will be critical here.  In the case of Windows, please see the following FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this, glad other folks are seeing this same issue i have been having for months...

i followed the guide closely. indeed when i restarted i was not prompted to re-install Flash,

BUT - when i visit sites that need flash (on Firefox) - it says i still need to install the plugin. allowing it to auto install does not work either.

help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install according to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I seem to be having a problem with TV shows that I watch all the time and everyone I try to watch says Upgrade Flash Player.  I have done this 3 times upgrading 11. something and went to 10. something and everytime, still asking the same.  Up until now I have been able to watch ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox,

Lifetime and TNT.  Now I can't watch any.  I even chatted on line with help.  Not much help for what was told to do.

Do you have any easy solutions for me to try?  I am not too saavy on the computer.  I did try a clean install also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanking you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same problem as the previous two posters: Flash Player works until you restart your computer?

If not, please start a new topic with all information.

Either way, we need to know what operating system and web browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I have tried to see where I start a new topic to no avail! I need to know where to find what operating system and web browser I use. Your help will be greatly apprecited. Thanking you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samrayban: To start a new discussion go to the top of the forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer/installing_flashplayer?view=discussions

On the right side you will see this panel; click on the Start a new discussion link.

actions.png

P.S. when replying via email notification, please do not post the original notification, as it contains your email address.  This is a public forum, and any bot can come and harvest addresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat.

in the end i just went directly to the download page and ran the installer, and all seems to be good now.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Win7-64bits. Web browsers :IE9, FireFox11. I also use the STEAM game platform, which in ways behaves like a web browser.

i have tried the clean install and as far as i can tell the following is happening: After a computer restart the STEAM flash player requires new installation.  The same thing was happening between IE and FireFox, but it seems to be corrected now (because of the clean install?!. i cannot tell...)

Anyway, whenever i want to play a video on the Steam, it will not detect the flash installation and ask to reinstall.

Thanks,

Gustavo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gustavo_123: have you reinstalled both ActiveX (for Internet Explorer) and the plugin (for Firefox)?

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have.

please refer to the attached images to see the files in each folder. Please note that the "Macromed" folder under "C:\Windows\syswow64" has a lock  (it has some permission resctriction). The Windows user i am using has Admin privileges.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not attachment to your post.  Please use the camera icon in the forum editor to insert images into the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try again...

System32:

syswow64:system32.png

syswow64.png

Yes, i have.

please refer to the attached images to see the files in each folder. Please note that the "Macromed" folder under "C:\Windows\syswow64" has a lock  (it has some permission resctriction). The Windows user i am using has Admin privileges.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gustavo_123 wrote:

Please note that the "Macromed" folder under "C:\Windows\syswow64" has a lock  (it has some permission resctriction).

That may explain your problem.  Please try http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370, then do another clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, and it seems to be working. All 3 browsers (IE, Firefox and "Steam" ) are playing flash even after a reboot.

What was the problem? why was i having permissions problems even with an administrator user?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each file, folder, and registry entry has a set of permissions.  These permissions may even exclude user with administrative privileges.  How this can happen in the first place I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I registered just so I could try to help with this problem. I LITERALLY was having the same exact problem for a long time. I finally found a solution. Here is what I did:

*If Using Firefox:

1. Start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding the Shift Button and double clicking the firefox browser icon. It should give you the options to "Start in Safe Mode" or "Reset Firefox". - Start in "Safe Mode".

2. Download the newest flash player from adobe's website.

3. Download the Adobe Flash UNISTALLER from Adobe as well.

4. Close the browser and run the Adobe Flash Player UNISTALLER.

5. Once complete, locate "C:\Windows\System32" folder on your C: drive.

6. Find the folder called "Macromed" and DELETE the entire folder.

7. RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.

8. Once computer starts back up, hold the SHIFT button and double on the Firefox icon to launch it. This time when presented with the option to start in "Safe Mode" or "Reset Firefox", click "RESET FIREFOX".

9. Once it completes, close the browser and RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AGAIN.

10. Once it starts back up, install the Adobe Flash Player. When that is finished. RESTART your computer one last time. ***This last time is to verify that after your computer is turned off and back on, the flash player will still work.****

11. When your computer starts back up, open the firefox browser NORMALLY and go to a site like youtube that uses flashes. If the videos play correctly and you dont receive a message about installing flash player,......CONGRATULATIONS!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

12. ****OPTIONAL!!!**** - Go to firefox addons and check to make sure all of your plugins are up to date. You should see adobe flash player in the list as up to date. If so, restart your computer one last time, start the browser agin and check your plugins once more. If they are still up to date, you're problem is officially solved.

If this solved your problem, please let people know. Look at the date I posted this reply. Its still been happening long after you first started this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines