Skip navigation
SnowshoeLaneLOL
Currently Being Moderated

PDF export issue-2 page spread to single page

Apr 22, 2012 7:51 PM

Tags: #pdf #cs5.5 #export #two_page_spreads

New to InDesign CS 5.5 and working on Windows. I am editing text in created-by-someone-else InDesign files. I created a book from the files which are designed/displayed as a 2-page spread. When I export to PDF the spread "publlishes" as such--and I want a single page display--that is a PDF which displays and prints a single page view. I searched this forum, but did not find anything that seemed to apply exactly--or maybe don't know enough about the settings and dialogs to follow what to do. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 7:59 PM   in reply to SnowshoeLaneLOL

When Exporting the book as the PDF , in the Export PDF dialog box , under "General" section , Uncheck "Spread" .....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 2:22 AM   in reply to SnowshoeLaneLOL

I bet you are exporting to PDF (Interactive) instead of PDF (Print).  The two-flavor export to PDF was introduced in CS5 and the selection comes up to interactive by default until you pick something else.

There is no control included in the PDF (Interactive) dialog for turning off spreads, but it can be toggled by script. If your PDF does not need to contain working buttons or things like embedded video, you probably should switch to PDF (Print), but if you need interactivity, search this forum and you'll find the script to toggle spreads for interactive.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 4:33 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

And just as an FYI, this issue has been fixed in CS6!

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to SnowshoeLaneLOL

No changes in indexing in CS6 that I'm aware of. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:17 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

Or any other long document features, really.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points