I have been having trouble getting ADE to recognize my new android tablet. In the course of trying to figure out the issues, I went back to the website where I have purchased most of my ebooks. Interestingly, I was able to re-download books up to a certain point in my history. Then I could not download new books or some of the books I have been able to download in the past.
I am running Windows 7, ADE version 188.8.131.521Help? I think that thboth problems may be related.
MOre info. The download issue seems to be related to the Browser!. I have been using Chrome consistenlty for some time. The download issue occrs with Chrome. When I tried with Firefox, I had no issues.
The Android issue involves an Acer Iconia A500 running a load of Android 4.0. I have both Aldiko and Mantano authorized, but ADE will not recognize the device. ADE lists my device as supported, but will not deetect the device when connected.
The operative word is 'android'. ADE does not support most Android
devices. You didn't name your tablet, but if you click
find a list of supported devices.
Some sites will be able to download their epublications directly to your
tablet because they interface with the Android operating system, which may
help to explain why the ebooks you're downloading get to the tablet. All I
can do is to guess at the reasons why you were able to re-download ebooks
and can't get content now.
I had a problem with my Reader and I called the customer service phone number (1-800-247-4784) at christianbooks.com. The person I talked to understood the problem and told me how to fix it.
I hope this is a help to you.
Must not have explained the issues well.
1) Problem 1: In the past I had a Pandigital Novel (Android 2.1) which I synced with ADE regularly. I recently switched to an Acer Iconia A500 android tablet ( this is the model and it is on the list of supported devices). ADE will not recognize my tablet at all, not even asking to establish a connection.
2) Problem 2: the website www.christianbook.com downloads to ADE on my PC directly. It will not download to my device at all. This is why syncing my Digital Editions books from ADE to my Android device is important. Because I was having issues with ADE syncing to android apps that were also DRM authorized (which by the way were the same apps that I synced to on the Pandigital Novel previously), I thought that I would check to see if my books were corrupt or some other issues might exist with ADE. As I mentioned, some books would not download at all, Chrome wanted to download the .acsm file instead of passing it to ADE. Some of my books downloaded just fine. When I tried the same process in Firefox, I had no trouble downloading any books to ADE. This problem appears to be related to the Chrome browser, and I now consider it solved.
Thanks for the explanation. You had me scratching my head - and I have
very few hairs left, so each one is precious to me.
The ADE-Acer Iconia tablet support has been problematic. Sometimes, it
seems to work well, and others are a complete bust. If I remember
correctly, one person posted that he had to get an update to his tablet in
order for it to interface with ADE. And I'm not sure but it seems that
update was to the ebook software on the tablet. Which would make sense....