Skip navigation
orbix
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Application Manager installer failed to initialize

Apr 22, 2012 3:38 PM

hello ~

After upgrading to CS5.5 i realize the application manager is missing and is needed for all auto updating. I downloaded Application Managger 2.0 but it won't install. Every time i try to install and get error message "Installer failed to intitialize." This is very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to orbix

You don't need to seperately install Adobe Application Manager as it gets installed with the CS5.5 suite itself.

So, try running the updates from any on the CS5.5 application and check if that works fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to orbix

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to orbix

OK, it's sounding like there's some serious problems in your installation.

I'd suggesting completely removing your installation and trying again.

You could use the Installer to uninstall, but an even better choice might be to use the Adobe Cleaner application to clean everything out:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Then reinstall CS5.5 from scratch.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    Apr 23, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to orbix

Hi orbix,

As you said "The problem started with my new machine after i transferred my Mac user profile from the older one" , so try creating a new admin user account and then run the installer after logging into the new user account.

Meanwhile can you share the PDApp.log file present at following location on your machine -

~/Library/Logs/PDApp.log

You can upload it to any file server (say acrobat.com) and share the link here.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    Apr 26, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to orbix

Probably when you transferred the user profile, the files of 'Adobe Application Manager' got transferred partially and were causing this problem.

Anyway thanks for the update and sharing the solution. This will help in our investigation and other users too.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2012 2:42 PM   in reply to orbix

Orbix, After trying everything possible that I could find I finally came across yours. Copied the entire Adobe Application Manager folder that worked on my other system over and it worked!!

Thanks!!!

Adobe, You've really got to get this stuff figured out. Very very frustrating process and no clear fix listed. 5 months later and people are still struggling. This should just work, and if there is an error, a clear definition of how to fix the problem. I'm quite dissapointed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points