Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4 crashes on importing any work-arounds or fixes?

Apr 15, 2012 2:36 PM

Tags: #lightroom #on #import #4 #using #crashes

I have Lightroom 4 and cannot use import. Everytime it crashes the program. Windows 7 64-bit intel i7 with 16 gigs ram 4- 1 terabyte drives. So it not the system. Adobe fails in support they have no way to contact them.

So if anyone has a solution to the problem please passs it along!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to jfalsken

Ask such specific questions on the proper LR forum and provide a more detailed description of what you are actually trying to do.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to jfalsken

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.  Jfalsken you might also want to review or bookmark the Lightroom help page - http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom.html.  I did verify the link from the Lightroom help page does take you to the Lighroom forum directly. 

If you go to our general support page though we direct you to Downloading, Installation, and Set up forum since we are providing support on the main page in those categories.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks for moving this here Jeff, Jfaisken I'm sure there will be someone along who can answer your question about Lr4 crashing on Windows, sprry I am a Mac user. You could also ask on Lightroomforums.net where a group of experts offer free support as well.

Have you updated Windows at all lately??

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to Geoff the kiwi

Try deleting the preferences file. If corrupted it can cause many different types of "strange behavior:" It's a good idea to also place a copy of your preferences file on the desktop. This will save you from having to re-enter all your preference settings if this does not fix your problem. Simply replace it in the same location.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroo m-4.html

Close Lightroom and delete only the preferences file 'Lightroom 4 Preferences.agprefs' located in:

Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/Preferences/

LR will create a new preferences on the next launch. See if that clears up the Import crash.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to jfalsken

Prior to loading LR4 were you running LR3.6 on this Windows 7 desktop system with no issues?

LR4 requires ACR 6.7 RC for 'Edit In' PS CS5. LR's ACR processing engine is integrated and runs completely independent of the ACR application engine. In fact the current ACR 6.7 RC does not provide all of the Develop features available in LR4. PS CS6 uses ACR7, which has all the new Develop features available in LR4.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to trshaner

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers