Skip navigation
washy21
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge: Frozen and Weird screen issue

Apr 23, 2012 7:56 AM

Hi All

Bridge CS 5 is broken on my computer and it all started when i installed Lion (10.7.2).

It seems as though whenever the computer is put into sleep it messes up Bridge and whilst the program will actually launch the application eithe does nothing or moving the window cause it to display in what I can only describe as multiple split screens as if there is a real problem with the refresh/redraw of the screen image. Also, clicking on workspace items does nothing.

I have reset preferences, purged cache, disabled startup scripts etc and I think I have been through all the advice given but to no avail. The only solution is to turn off the computer and log in again but that doesn't solve it all the time. I have loads and loads of free space; have checked mac disc permissions etc and nothing!!

I have noticed (and I have read this elsewhere) that when I do a screen shot by drawing a marque over the area the windows kind of go back to normal (hence the reason why I can't upload a screen shot) but in any case the application does not work.

Help please?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 23, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to washy21

Bridge CS 5 is broken on my computer and it all started when i installed Lion (10.7.2).

What Mac are you using, how many RAM is installed and how many VRAM has your Graphic card?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to washy21

Not a Mac user, but I would say it is more likely the OS and not Bridge. 

I know iin Windows OS sleep mode can cause problems, and in the past it frequently had a hard time even starting.   Probably when the disk comes to life it just does not find the files to load.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 23, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to washy21

VRAM: 256mb

Here might be the culprit, while 256 MB is the required minimum 512 MB is recommended. Try to play with the various Graphics Processor settings  in the PS preferences Performance tab and see if this speeds things up. (under advanced disable OpenCL)

And you can also choose to enable the 'Use software rendering' option in the Bridge Advanced preferences tab.

As said, minimum is minimum, every new edition takes more power of the Graphic card to enable all new futures. If possible upgrade your Graphic Card, 1 GB VRAM becomes quit common for newer cards and you will benefit from this for sure.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points