Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble importing audio files in CS4

Apr 22, 2012 3:13 PM

I have my entire video put together, and when i went to put in simple special effects or backround music i have encountered a major problem. When i go to insert and audio file, Instead of putting the audio file actually in one of the audio tracks ( Audio 1, Audio 2, etc.) it goes into the Video 1 track and mutes my video clip. This is making it impossible to edit my video. So why can i not drag and drop an mp3 file into one of the Audio tracks successfully?

P.S. This is my first time using an Adobe product to edit a video, but i do have editing experience.

Thank You

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to s73w130

Use Audacity to convert it to a .wav and then import to PPro.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to s73w130

An audio file can't be dropped onto a Video track.  It just can't.  So right there we have some observer error.  That can make it difficult for us to understand the issue.

But I'm going to take a shot here and guess that you have an audio file that does not match the audio type of the track you want to put it on.  For example, a mono file can only go onto a mono track.  Stereo to stereo, etc.

Look at that and see if it resolves the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to s73w130

it would mute the video clip

See, again we have a reporting error.  You can't "mute" video, only audio.

Proper terminology really is important if we're to correctly understand the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to s73w130

OK, let's see if this helps a bit.

Go to the Track Header of your existing Audio Tracks (the ones with existing Audio Clips), and Lock them. Now, drag your Audio Clip to an empty Audio Track, or down to the Master Track, for PrPro to create the necessary empty Audio Track.

Does that work?

Note that Audio Source Clips must match the channel-count of the intended Audio Track. This ARTICLE goes into more detail.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points