Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Product Quick View - Popup Window for quick view of details w/ overlay

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I saw this mentioned in the forums, and some information was shared, but I was wondering if anyone has more indepth knowledge of how to implement this with Business Catalyst?  I am looking for something like on this site ( http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=72447&mlink=5151,4846696,HP_Major_1_W_OF&clink=4846696 ) where upon hovering over the image there is a "Quick Look" button that can be clicked - and an pop-up shows basic details of the item without having to leave the main catalog page.  I have a client looking to implement this, and I have been checking around for some tips, but curious whether anyone has done this on their BC site and how you might have gone about handling the programming.  Thanks!

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiffany,

For this you would include the info for the popup in a hidden div, in your list view template. You will need to use javascript for the various states.

1. On hover the Quick Look button is visible.

2. On click of Quick Look button, show the hidden div with the additional info.

3. On click of an x or close button, the div with the additional info is hidden again.

It may take a little research but you can accomplish this pretty easy using jquery.

Brian Lowry | www.bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.  I was checking out your site, do you guys offer assistance with small things like this?  Like if the code could be written for me, and I implement it?  Just asking, although I am going to try and do it on my own - but I am crunched getting other things done I might "play" with the idea of just paying for some additional side help.  I'm not the best on jquery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't normally offer coding servies through BCGurus, but we have been known to create tutorials that our members request. I think this would make a great video tutorial. If you're interested in trying out a membership with us I'll record a detailed tutorial on this. That would save you quite a bit of time because you'd get access to the code snippets and all the info you need.

Brian Lowry | www.bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines