Skip navigation
jaggedpeak
Currently Being Moderated

Re-installing TCS2.5 and CS5.5 - process?

Apr 20, 2012 1:27 PM

So... I mentioned in a posting over in Acrobat yesterday that things had gone awry on my notebook. Well, they went from bad to worse :-)

The notebook is currently being nuked and paved, and I'll have to load my TCS2.5 and CS5.5.

I vaguely recall that installing 2.5 was, well, weird, but I don't recall the details (other than that various items had to be upgraded in a certain order, I believe).

So, my question is: Is there a post somewhere detailing the proper installation process for tcs2.5 (or can somebody give me the process), and is there any weirdness I should beware of with regard to loading cs5.5 after that's done?

Thanks all. (my searching is proving fruitless)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 6:40 AM   in reply to jaggedpeak

Just watch out for the “headless” version of Acrobat that comes with FM – make sure that you don’t select it when installing the TCS suite. Versions prior to 3.0 wanted to install both instances I seem to remember. Go with the custom install option & pick and choose what you want installed. E.g. if you don’t use any source control, make sure that RoboSource isn’t selected.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points