Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why do I have to keep rerendering when I don't make any changes?

Apr 22, 2012 3:21 PM

This is really slowing me down right now. I am at the color grading part of my workflow using magic bullet looks. I keep going back and forth between clips to make sure that the clips match up. It is understandable that I have to rerender these changes however when I make a change to these clips there are other clips on my timeline -- clips that I made no changes to whatsoever -- that suddenly want to turn red and I therefore have to rerender.

These clips that I have to rerender are on video 2 while everything else is on video 1. These cips are on video 2 because they have sapphire transitions on then and you cant -- as far as i know -- have then on the same layer because you have to keyframe them to transition in or out.

My question is why do these clips with sapphire transitions on them suddenly turn red? Is there a workaround?

I am using cs5.5 on an i5 with gtx570

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to edit.this.vm

My guess would be that the change has an effect on the composite whole, so it all needs to be rerendered.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to edit.this.vm

Assumeably your MB effects are on clips below Video 2.  That means PPRO has to render the change to the MB clips and incorporate the effects on vid 2 clips.

A workaround sometimes is to razor clips (sections of the timeline) so that you ony render parts  of the clips. Otherwise the entire clip needs rendering for every change.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points