Skip navigation
Bob Kroth
Currently Being Moderated

Text in form field disappears when I move to next field

Apr 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Tags: #not #data #fields #viewable #disappears #viewable.

I have a PDF form for doing estimates for my business. I e-mailed it to myself and open it up on iPad. Then I selected open in Adobe.

I can enter data in any of the fields just fine but when I move to the next field the data I previously entered disappears unless I go back to that field to edit.

I tried e-mailing a document to myself and when I opened it up on my laptop computer the data fields are empty regardless of whether I highlight that field.

Can anybody help me out with this problem?

Thank you, Bob Kroth

Bobk747@gmail.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 4:03 PM   in reply to Bob Kroth

Sounds like the problem I am having too! When I email a form I filled in, the form is blank when I open the email attachment. This is when Imfill in a form on iPad and open on laptop

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 4:54 PM   in reply to shemp91

If you are opening in the desktop Adobe Reader, try turning field highlighting off in the desktop Reader. For some forms, we've discovered that the field highlighting in the Desktop (windows/mac) reader covers the data entered. If you can share the file you are having this problem with to pawibbel@adobe.com, I can verify that this is the problem. Thanks for your question!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to Bob Kroth

Hi Bob,

I believe I received your form. Is it "jadon 4-12.pdf"? If so, I have been unable to reproduce the problem. Can you share what program you are using to view the PDF when you open it?

I noticed that with this form, I had to disable field highlighting on the desktop Adobe Reader to view the data. This is an issue we are hoping to fix in an upcoming release of the Mobile Adobe Reader.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Yes I'm glad u received the form Jadon. You said you were unable to duplicate the problem...was there a box that was labeled 4/6-4/13? It would be directly below the box labeled 4/5.

Chris Boraks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to shemp91

Hi Chris,

I found that field and when I change it, I see the change on hitting "next". However, I did notice that it took about half a second to a second to show up. The delay worries me, does it NEVER show for you?

Thanks for your patience and your help.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to Bob Kroth

Hi Bob,

You can send the form to pawibbel@adobe.com with instructions on the specific field you are having problems with. I was not able to see the problem on your previous form once I chose to disable field highlighting. You can do this by clicking on "Highlight Existing Fields" in the purple bar at the top of the document.

If this doesn't work, please contact me via email and we can arrange a time to discuss the issue in "real time".

Thanks again!

Pat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points