Skip navigation
rpearson1
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4 Serial #?

Apr 23, 2012 6:52 PM

Hi,

I just installed the upgrade version of Lightroom 4 (I have been using the 4 Beta) and there was no promt for me to enter my serial #?

I Used app Zapper to remove Lightroom 4, then reinstalled it and still no request for a password? It all works just fine but this seems strange?

Lightroom 4 is fantastic as is the Beta of PC CS6

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 7:53 PM   in reply to rpearson1

I'm guessing that you have installed Lightroom 4.1 RC. This is a release candidate, but it's acting more like a beta in that no serial number is required. I suspect that when Lightroom 4.1 is officially released the serial number will be required.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 9:13 PM   in reply to rpearson1

Ha, I just asked the same question. I have installed the 4.1 RC as well and am not being promted to enter my newly acquired serial number. I guess I'll just go on editing. Hopefully the 4.1 final will come out soon (with all the fixes) and we can get on our way.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to idsurfer1

Your serial number is not erased by uninstalling Lightroom. The serial number from the Beta is stored in a file on your computer, and it may be valid for you full version of Lightroom, but it will expire and give you trouble later.

The best thing to do is go to Help > Lightroom Registration. Likely, you will see name and address fields. Ignore this and look at the left hand column:

Licese or Try

License

Registration

Go to License and you will have the boxes to enter your serial number. Simply enter your serial number and click "Finish".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points