Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

users cannot receive emails from other users

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We've been having an issue with our emails since day 1.

No one can send to each other, they can receive from other domain names but not from a user on the same domain or from themselves.

It's marked as sent, even in webmail, but never received.

Any ideas what would cause this? or should we just throw all hope of using BC for email in the bin and just buy a server that actually works.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

I spoke to one my colleagues and he's told me that this may be caused by that domain being redelegated to the old nameservers - http://whois.domaintools.com/greenlux.com.au

It's still using:

Name Server:                     ns01.businesscatalyst.com

Name Server:                     ns02.businesscatalyst.com

You need to change those to either ns1.worldsecuresystems.com and ns2.worldsecuresystems.com or use ns01.freshbusinesssuite.com and ns02.freshbusinesssuite.com

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds weird. If you're using BCs mail make sure you're using mail.you-doamin.com for SMTP and not some external service. Otherwise, please test from webmail to webmail. Also, if you have further issues please post the domain here. You can use https://bitly.com/ if you don't want it to be indexed.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply, we've tried both - our external service for another site works but BC's mail.domain.com.au doesn't work.

domain is www.greenlux.com.au / www.greenluxlighting.com.au

EDIT: Yes we have tested sending from webmail to themselves, eg sales@greenlux.com.au sends a test email to sales@greenlux.com.au , comes in the sent folder but is never received - IN webmail.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sales@ is an alias to another account. You can not send emial from alias to itself. Try sending from an actual account and see if that works.

Cheers,

mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was an example, we used real accounts not aliases for testing.

we even created a new account and tried to send to its-self from webmail but the result was as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made some changes to those accounts. Can you please test this again and get back to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tested... still no change. tested in webmail & apple mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to one my colleagues and he's told me that this may be caused by that domain being redelegated to the old nameservers - http://whois.domaintools.com/greenlux.com.au

It's still using:

Name Server:                     ns01.businesscatalyst.com

Name Server:                     ns02.businesscatalyst.com

You need to change those to either ns1.worldsecuresystems.com and ns2.worldsecuresystems.com or use ns01.freshbusinesssuite.com and ns02.freshbusinesssuite.com

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate, thanks I didn't know that.

Will update that and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ns1.worldsecuresystems.com

&

ns01.businesscatalyst.com

are pointed to the same IP address? 192.150.2.143

EDIT: I've updated them anyway... see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Emails have started coming in now, strangely enough the name server change appears to have fixed it despite the matching IP addresses.

Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines