I am at a loss for trying to author a project using Adobe Encore. I first tried to author the project using version CS2. When attempting to export I received the following message:
"The estimated project size is larger than the target media chosen. While this is an estimate, the project may fail to build."
I have authored hundereds of projects in the past, but have never received that message before. I first thought that the problem was with the version of Encore I was using, but I received the exact same error when trying to author the project with Encore CS5.
The project itself has one menu, a motion menu, and one video file. The video file last 152 minutes, and I was attempting to export that to a dual layer DVD. I have since tried exporting the file using Adobe Premier CS5.5 using a variety of settings. I am trying to export it to a DVD-2 file, with the match soure attributes being set to the highest setting. The setting on the main concept MPEG encoder is set to 5. I have tried exporting the file using both constant and varaible bit rates.
When I recently exported the file using a contant bit rate of 6.5, I still had 650.4 MB remaining on my Encore project. I still received the same error about the project size, and so I am thinking that something else is wrong.
I have even exported the video file as an uncompressed AVI file, and then tried encoding it again using both Adobe Premier CS5.5 and the Adobe Encoder. I still get the same error message about file size.
Any help and/or suggestions about how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion. I rebuilt the entire project after running the program as the administrator. I still have 540 MB remaining of disc space, but the same problem still persists. Do you have any other suggestions?
There is not any ROM content included in the project. The motion menu lasts for 35 seconds. I also tried to build the project with only a standard menu, and the same problem still persists. I also double-checked, and I have 650 MB left.
What happens if you ignore the warning and build?
I wonder about a layer break issue. Is the main movie a single file?
None of that should matter, but it often does, but not necessarily with this warning.
So you don't end up with wasted discs...
Create an ISO (Encore) or folder on your hard drive (Encore or Premiere Elements) and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)
Imgburn will read the ACTUAL disc brand from the disc, which is not always the same as the box label (Memorex is notorious for buying "anything" and putting it inside a Memorex box)
When you write to disc with Imgburn, use the SLOWEST possible speed setting, so your burner has the best chance to create "good, well formed" laser burn holes... since no DVD player is required to read a burned disc, having a "good" one from a high quality blank will help
Use Taiyo Yuden single layer or Verbatim Two layer
Or Falcon Pro for inkjet printable Two layer
I tried to proceed with ignoring the warning and continuing to build the disc. Doing so would allow the process to proceed a little bit further before a general error would pop up and cancel the burn.
The main movie is a single file, and I had the layer-breaks set to automatic.
Using the Imgburn product worked! It also helped me figure out what the real problem was...
As it turns out, some single-layer DVDs had been mixed in with my dual-layer DVDs. I feel very foolish about this. All of my discs are printable, and so there is no indication written as far as what their capacity is on them.
Encore can be a bit vague in identifying a problem such as this. For example, I can set the settings to plan for a dual-layer disc, and it will display a graphical status indicator with that capacity in mind. When I saw the original file message error I honestly believed that there was a problem with the encoded file instead of the type of disc itself.
Imgburn instantly displayed the discrepancy in the type of disc I had loaded and the needed capacity for the type of project that I was trying to create.
Thanks again for your help!