Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with ordering objects and display in IE8 and Chrome

Apr 20, 2012 8:32 AM

I've designed a couple of sites in Muse and anytime I go into a page and re-order objects by sending them backwards/to back/bring to front, my preferred ordering does not show up in IE8-9 or Chrome. The sites work fine in Firefox and Safari. Tooltips seems to be especially problematic in this regard, with triggers not accessible, text panels showing up in odd places or blank planels I did not place on the site showing up.

Any ideas here?? At this point, it seems like the only design features that are truly cross-browser compatible are photos, text and lightboxes.

If sites designed in Muse won't render on Chrome, that's a problem ... it's now 25% of the market. If they don't render in IE8/9, that's another 25% of the market.

Any ideas?

My only solution is to design the site once, make it look the way I want, then start a completely new document and build it from bottom layer to top layer as it will appear, with the tooltips added last. There's got to be a better way.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 1:29 PM   in reply to MediaDoctor

Hi MediaDoctor,

Please provide us with the URL of the web site to look further into the issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 3:35 AM   in reply to MediaDoctor

There is a similar discussion going on Media Doctor which you might find helpful here, http://forums.adobe.com/message/4356534#4356534

Check the response by Corey.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points