Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

about that cloud stuff

Apr 24, 2012 4:27 AM

beside that the cloud service is nearly twice as expensice here in europe... thanks adobe!

i was unable to find infos what happens if i chancel subscription after 2 years (not that i will use the cloud.. im just wondering).

but lets say i have spend a lot of money (1475 euro) for the cloud services in these two years but then i have no software at all to open my files when i chancel subscription?

is this the way it is?

or can i buy the software after some time and the subscription money i have already payed will be subtracted from the price?

well.. your mileage may vary but i prefer to have software that i can use als long as i like when i have payed for it.

can someone who will be using the services explain why he decided to do so?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 4:56 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

Adobe has released a nice FAQ on common questions, which also addresses your concern. http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

When you suspend or cancel your membership to Creative Cloud, you will no longer have access to the CS applications, other desktop software, and services that are components of Creative Cloud. However, if you saved your work to your computer, you will continue to have access to those files. You will also have access to the same benefits as a free Creative Cloud member, which include 2GB of storage space (reduced from 20GB), the ability to sync and store your files, access to a free 30-day trial of the desktop software that has not already been installed and provisioned as part of your paid membership, and access to the free level of services included with Creative Cloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:17 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

Correct. The applications will no longer be available to you once you cancel the subscription. Of course, you still have the option to purchase the software at full price.

Creative Suite Master Collection - $2600

1 Year of Creative Cloud - $360 (For current customers, $600 for new customers).

Even after the first year, you're still saving money. And I'm going to assume that Adobe is going to release another Creative Suite sometime in the next 1-2 years. Assuming you would typically upgrade to the new Suite, that would run you $525 for the Master Collection.

As a Creative Cloud membership grants you ongoing updates, I don't see a reason to cancel the subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

-Agfaclack- wrote:

so that means when i have payed via subscription as much as i had to pay for the retail software and i chancel the subscription i have nothing?

just to be clear?

It looks that way, which is why it is no option for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

Afgaclack, I'm with you.  I've read the blurb for the Creative Cloud carefully multiple times since it was first announced, and I still laugh every time I read it again.  

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 10:33 AM   in reply to acresofgreen

Here's another reason to realize we end up with nothing at the conclusion of a subscription...

Freehand, GoLive, LiveMotion, PageMill, PageMaker, Authorware. These are all abandoned applications. If you never owned a perpetual license of these apps and had only used these apps as a subscription, you would not be able to re-open and manipulate the documents that you created with them. 

Worse than that, some of Adobe's current/future apps do not have a portable file format that can be used (imported/translated) in other programs. Look at Adobe Muse...

http://support.muse.adobe.com/muse/topics/will_we_be_locked_out_of_our _creations_if_when_muse_is_discontinued

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points