Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Crash using Bridge

Apr 23, 2012 9:04 AM

Again problem with camera raw in Bridge.

Many times, clicking on done after some modifications on RAW files, the system crash.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to maxrega

Well, there are things you can do to fix bridge, but given that you seem to have a long history of various crash problems, it seems more likely to be a problem with OS X. Try downloading the latest combo updater for your version of OS X and run that right over your exisiting installation. Be sure to repair permissions afterwards.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to maxrega

What version of OS X are you running?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 4:30 AM   in reply to maxrega

Was PSE 8 already installed when you upgraded to lion?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:08 AM   in reply to maxrega

I don't understand this part:

For this reason I started the Mac using the installation disk and I was obliged to reload the last back up.

What do you mean by this? You migrated from a clone? Sorry, it's not clear. It is not normal for PSE to crash all the time.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to maxrega

asked me to reload the back up.

Sorry, still not clear. Are you saying you just copied over documents and settings from your backup (via the migration assistant, for example), or that you had a full system clone (like you'd make with SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner) you moved to the main drive? If you clone a damaged system and then clone it back, you just clone back the problems. Or did you use Lion's restore partition to restore a basic system and then copy back your user stuff?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to maxrega

You can't clone unless you deliberately used a program to make a clone. Did you use SuperDuper, CCC or something like that? What program did you use to make your backup?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to maxrega

Okay, then it's not a clone. TM only restores documents/settings/etc, not your system.

Here's what I would do. Go here and download the combo updater for 10.7.3:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484

Then run that. Repair permissions.

Now go to  your username>library>preferences and delete everything that is anything like com.adobe.bridge.plist (there may be more than one and some may have numbers). Also any lockfiles with the same name. This library file is hidden in 10.7. Option click the Go menu in the Finder and it will appear below the little house for your user account. While you're in there, go to the Saved Application States folder and delete anything in there relating to PSE or bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to maxrega

Not library>preferences. Your username>library>preferences:

This library file is hidden in 10.7. Option click the Go menu in the Finder and it will appear below the little house for your user account. While you're in there, go to the Saved Application States folder and delete anything in there relating to PSE or bridge.

You have three libraries: system>library, hard drive>library, and user>library. You want the last one, not either of the others.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points