Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

MSO management, editing a MSO

Apr 24, 2012 1:12 AM

Dear community,

I am wondering how people in the community are managing MSO in their workflow, especially when it comes to editing a MSO.

Whats the best way to handle editing a state in an MSO?

I have been trying to figure out a good way to do editing of MSOs, but it always seems rather complex, sometimes its easier to just recreate the MSO again. However when the MSO is really complicated, recreating the MSO is also a pain.

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to Peter 528

When I want to add an object to an MSO state, I move it into position, select it and the MSO, and then click the Add button to add it to the current state (not the New button that creates a new state). I prefer that method over Paste Into. Is that what you're asking?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to Peter 528

@Peter – sometimes it's hard to get through to buttons inside MSOs that are placed inside Scrollable Frames.
    Check the layers panel for objects to select thiese.

It would be great if we could expand the layers panel to show all objects inside every state of an MSO, not only the active one. And I'd like to do a restricted view of "all MSOs" or "all buttons" in the layers panel inside of a selected object. Generally spoken: a restricted view for distinct object classes.

Uwe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points