Skip navigation
Andre_Leal
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 uninstall and reinstall problem

Apr 24, 2012 10:33 PM

Tags: #photoshop #install #uninstall #failed #reinstall #cs6 #installer #failed_to_initialize

Hi there ! I was using Photoshop and iy was fine. Then, I downloaded the Photoshop CS6 Beta and try to install it, but I got the message that I already has a version of PS CS6. I was dumb and deleted the program without a properly uninstall. Now the CS6 installer thinks I have it installed but I have not, and I'm not able to find it in Programs and features. I don't know how to uninstall something I already deleted.

My question is: where are the peripheric files that says PS CS6 is installed ? I just want to avoid the installer to thinks I had PS CS6 installed. I can use regedit if needed, but I won't do anything without instructions.

Or, is it possible to force a reinstall over a previous installation ?

I know what is the problem, I just need to know where is the files that makes CS6 to think I already have it, cause I dont.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Andre_Leal

Same as in any other version: Creative Suite Cleaner Tool.Though it would appear it hasn't been updated for CS6, so ask on the PS6 Betas forum. Otehr than that you could alwys manaully delete the caps.db and associated files, but this will also render installs/uninstalls of other Adobe apps plus updates defunct, so you pretty much have to reinstall everything after that.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to Andre_Leal

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop CS6 forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have responded with Andre privately to resolve this

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to Pete.Green

There are others of us with this problem - Like to know the solution as I am unable to install CS6 over a messed up uninstall of the beta

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to idodialog

idodialog,

Check your private messages

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to Pete.Green

I have CS6 Beta and CS5 installed on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer and plan on purchasing the CS6 Upgrade when it is available.  I am planning on using the Windows uninstaller to remove CS6 Beta and then installing the upgrade for CS6 with CS5 still active on the computer.  Is this the correct apporach?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 3:35 PM   in reply to Pete.Green

Can you send me a private email message with the solution? I'm trying to uninstall CS6 beta but the uninstaller and various uninstall files are corrupted. Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to b2martin_a

B2martin_a,

Yes, that would be the correct approach, just as you described.

Check out:

FAQ: How do I uninstall the Photoshop CS6 beta?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4361731#4361731

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 10:50 PM   in reply to Pete.Green

Sorry to bother Pete, but I downloaded PS CS6 a while ago, and... i deleted the app once the trial ended, manually, without uninstalling it so... I have the same problem... (I´m a Mac user)...

What can I do?

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:01 PM   in reply to manach07

The beta has not ended yet. Where did you download the photoshop program from? Is there a reason you did not use the uninstall?

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to Pattie F

I used it, but I don´t like to conserve trails in my computers so I deleted it. And since I was ignorant about the fact that trying to delete it manually was going to cause a problem, I did... and... here i am

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:35 PM   in reply to manach07

(oh, and I downloaded from here Adobe... i heard from it in a forum that had a link to the adobe page :3 )

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 1:44 AM   in reply to manach07

and if I throw away the app before reading this and finding the uninstaller on Lion, didn't save the Beta download and see that the beta is no longer available, what do I do?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points