Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6

Apr 16, 2012 9:35 AM

For those interested in upgrading to CS6 the major change for Bridge is that it is now a 64 bit program!

This will mean ACR opened in Bridge will also be 64 bit program rather than the 32 bit version of the past.

Bridge is more of a processor intensive program, rather than a memory intensive program, so not sure what that will mean for performance, but  will not hurt as program can now access more than 3.3 gigs of RAM if available.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Curt, you've just made my day!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 9:20 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Any chance that my mpeg playback will return?  Just put my order in for CS6 Master Suite, just waiting for Santa now.

rg

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 12:05 AM   in reply to rickg1949

Any chance that my mpeg playback will return?

What do you mean with return? did it go away for you and if yes then when?

I can view Mpeg in content panel and preview panel and when active in preview hitting space bar the movie plays in the preview panel without problems in both Bridge CS5 and CS6.

Santa is a long time away, you can try the Beta for CS6 while it still active ( visit Adobe Labs for this Beta)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I lost the ability to preview/play HDV (mpeg) clips captured in Premiere in the upgrade from CS3 to CS4, hoped that CS5 would cure it, but no.  So now I await delivery of CS6 Master Collection next week!  At the suggestion of Harm M. I did not install any third-party CODECs to correct situation.

Meanwhile, back to rendering 9 :30sec spots for the 1000 Islands region.  AME rocks!

Rick

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points