Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Optimized PDF and Reduced Size not working

Apr 22, 2012 9:04 AM

Tags: #acrobat #size #pdf #pro #optimize #reducing

Hello,

I have a problem with Adobe X Pro. When I want to optimize or reduce the size of a pdf document, in the most cases it doesn't reduce the document but just save the same document with no changes but I make significant changes putting 72 ppi for all imiges! I get this message at the bottom almost all the time "Removing Items" and after that "Saving File" and nothing after that. The size is the same! WHY IS THAT?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to bbfl333

Perhaps your images are already 72 ppi. Have you tried running the Audit space usage command (in the top right corner of the PDF Optimizer menu) to see what is taking up the most space in your file?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to bbfl333

The Optimizer only works on images if there is a reduction is size, which may be why it appears to work sometimes and not others. If you want to double check any particular image, you can open the Output Preview dialog under the Print Production panel and select Object Inspector from the Preview dropdown. Then you just click on the the image to find out information about it.

|
    Mark as:
  • lilia@
    196 posts
    Jan 31, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to bbfl333

by saving the file... you need to do a "save as" not "save"... save as rewrites the file.

oh and you might want to check the audit space usage to see which components are taking up the most bytes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points