Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR4 Running very slow

Apr 24, 2012 12:10 PM

I am having a problem with LR4 processing images excrusiatingly slow.  Changing from one image to the next gives the whirling rainbow of death for as much as 30 seconds.  Highlighting an image in Library and then clicking on Develop gives an empty LR screen for 30 seconds or longer, then the image appears in Develop.  Every click or drag with the brush tool also gives the whirling rainbow of death for 10 to 20 seconds, and so on.  Print module, same thing.  I thought it might be the relatively new Seagate external hard drive I was using, so I moved the entire folder of images (3300 images) to a hard drive that I have been using for years.  Same thing.  So then I moved the entire folder of images right onto the Mac under Pictures, to make certain it isn't the HD (I don't normally keep images on the 1TB internal Mac drive; I am only using 1.6GB of space with all my programs and have 10GB RAM).  Same problem.  Photoshop, Word, Outlook, Acrobat, et al, are working normally.  The images only bog down in LR4.  Never had this problem with earlier versions.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points