Seems working on my end as I go through my portal -> help&support. Enter a search term and then presented the option to reach support.
Any luck trying on another browser perhaps?
Yeah I cleared my browser cache and it worked. Was suprised to get a live chat support rep instantly. Thats a good sign. However, I got a different answer from support than I did from the Town Hall meeting this morning and got nothing resolved :-(
Maybe I can help...
"However, I got a different answer from support than I did from the Town Hall meeting this morning and got nothing resolved :-("
What are you trying to get resolved or is this something out my realm?
It's an Adobe ID issue .....
1) I guess the migration tool is down so I have to wait anyways. But .....
2) Seems to be some confusion in having two Adobe ID's and getting them both to use the same Partner Portal
1) the migration tool was intentionally put on hold. We will have it back soon.
2) What do you mean by "having 2 Adobe ID's and getting them both to use the same PP"? Have you merged any of them with your BC account?
I will be requiring two Creative Cloud subscriptions as I have three computers. Therefore I need to have two Adobe IDs as you can only have one Creative Cloud Subscription per Adobe Id. I need to have both those subscriptions to have the same access to my BC Account.
I was never able to migrate either of my Adobe IDs because I have never gotten the migration tool to come up and see no way to get it to come up.
that's correct. for now ONE Adobe ID will be equivalent to ONE BC account. So for more Adobe ID's associated to the same Partner Portal, we'll need to talk again this later this year when the Creative Cloud team license will be launched.
The migration workflow should be working right now.
So if I understand correctly, since products like Dreamweaver are also tied to your Adobe ID, I could only work on my BC sites from two computers? If it wasn't a BC site I can work on it from as many computers as I like. If this is correct, I hope Adobe is ready for the outrage this will cause.
In order to work on the same sites, you will have to add the other user as an Admin user to those sites. And then use BC's admin and File Manager (maybe the new file manager? ) on that website. You will have to keep in mind that a Creative Cloud website only has 1 extra user attached to it.
I don't care about the free Creative Cloud sites. Probably won't even end up using them. I do however care to be able work on my clients sites.
But if I set up my second account as an admin:
1: Can I still login with Dreamweaver?
2: I will no longer be able to set up the actual client as a user as my one user limit is used up?
Hi again, i'll answer your 2 questions and i'll give other details after that.
1. If you are a user of that website (Admin user), of course you can login - you can do it today; nothing has changed from this point of view;
2. I've also sent you a private message regarding this concern and how to solve this. Normally if your employees (with Adobe IDs and separate CCM subscriptions) are added as users on your website, you won't have anything to worry about (you will always have extra room/users for your customers).
Furthermore, and this is very important:
a. Although the CC entitlement will be per Adobe ID (e.g. you will buy 5 licenses for 5 users in your company), for your EXISTING partner accounts (from a Partner Portal), after you merge these accounts with their Adobe IDs, all the Creative Cloud websites will be added under one umbrella. Hence you will have the right to claim 25 websites and all your partner accounts (under the same partner portal) will be able to edit, manage, change, publish, claim etc these websites.
b. You will also be able to use them for site development/managing for other sites.
c. There is one thing that you should bear in mind right now:
- for any new accounts (that you want to use under a new or an existing Partner Portal), make sure you add them to the partner portal (please contact support for this) BEFORE purchasing CCM accounts for them and BEFORE merging these accounts with Adobe IDs. So basically,add them as users on your website (Admin users - make sure that they aren't partners yet somehow), contact support to add them on your partner portal as partners, and then the workflow should be straightforward. Merge these accounts with the Adobe IDs for which you will purchase a CCM subscription and you are in case a) from above.
Once we'll have our team license in place, issue c) from here will dissapear.
Hope this helps. If this is still unclear, send me a private email and i can explain more.