Skip navigation
UrbanCircusDesign
Currently Being Moderated

Can you use the programs in the creative cloud on multiple computers?

Apr 24, 2012 2:34 AM

Tags: #adobe #creative #sharing #multiple #share #cloud #computers #programs

Hey,
I was wondering if it is possible to use the programs on multiple computers when you have the membership?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 3:54 AM   in reply to UrbanCircusDesign

From the doc : http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

"You can install the desktop applications available in Creative Cloud on your primary computer and one backup computer, as long as they are not running at the same time. You will have access to both the Mac OS and Windows versions, so if you have a Mac at home and a PC at work, for instance, you can install your applications on both. See the product license agreements page for more information."

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to UrbanCircusDesign

For 1 license, 1 user on 2 computers (either Windows or Mac). If you (owner) were going between two different computers, PS on one and AE on another that would still be okay.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to UrbanCircusDesign

So just to clarify

Can 1 license access Photoshop on one machine, and a different adobe application like After effects on another machine at the same time?

How about the Adobe touch apps for the ipad? Does the ipad count as a third machine?

If Photoshop was being used on 2 computers at once, would the application quit or show a warning to close the currently running version?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to lee_sgi

For the first question, the answer is yes. You can run two different Adobe products simultaneously on two computers.

Adobe Photoshop Touch is different from Adobe Photoshop. So, technically they are two different products on two computers. I am not sure if that was your question.

For the third, I haven't tried it, but I guess that you get a message saying that you are running on the application on multiple computers. And you must quit on one.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 1:12 PM   in reply to Preran

thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 2:37 AM   in reply to Preran

How about when I want to replace my primairy and/or backup workstation with a different mac/pc? How does that work? Am I able to reconnect my creative cloud membership with the new machine(s)?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points