Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can Pr Pro6 export DD 5.1 audio and HD video from Pr Pro to Encore?

Apr 23, 2012 4:30 PM

Greetings.

The question I continue to ask for every new version......and think should have been addressed two versions ago:

If I upgrade to Production Premium suite 6, can I now....finally.... take my DD 5.1 audio and HDV tracks in Premiere Pro and "send" them to Encore without separating them and encoding them separately for the journey?

So....If I think I am done in Pr Pro, and send them to Encore, and determine I need to go back for some final tweaking in Premiere pro (of course that NEVER happens! ), can I do that without having to re-render (separately) the audio and video in?

I of course understand that if you render either with AME or with Encore and make changes, you would still have to re-render somewhere, I just think having to render the audio and video separately and then pasting or importing separately into encore is such a kludge in an otherwise smooth workflow.

Having the warp effect in Pr Pro from after effects is great!  That round-trip to AE can be a hassle.

Thanks,

BJBBJB1

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to BJBBJB1

It's unlikely simply because Dolby owns the technology for 5.1 DD encoding, and they don't give that away for free.  That's why you pay extra to get 5.1 encoding out of PP.  To do what you want, the 5.1 encoding would have to be included with PP by default.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to BJBBJB1

A fair question.  Will it work once you pay for the 5.1 license?

My guess would still be no, but we'll find out for sure in a couple weeks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points