Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CEP 2.1 upgrade?

Apr 24, 2012 10:00 AM

Tags: #upgrade #cool_edit_pro #cool_edit_pro_2.1 #cool_edit

This is a long shot, but as a long-time registered user of Cool Edit Pro 2.1, I've come to the point of needing to upgrade. My computer is dying, and my LynxOne audio interface won't work with any OS beyond Windows XP, so when I get a new Win7 computer I'll need both a new audio interface and new software.

Adobe once sent me a replacement installation CD for CEP. Very cool of them, considering it was a legacy product. Anybody know if Adobe is still doing upgrade deals from good old CEP 2.1?

Thanks for any light you can shed!

-Mark

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,591 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to mjpatey1

I'm afraid that the only light I can shed is what Colin says in his product announcement:

Audition CS6 Perpetual:

• Full = $349.00 USD
    • Upgrade Audition CS5.5 to Audition CS6 = $75.00 USD
    • Upgrade Audition 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 to Audition CS6 = $149.00 USD
    • Upgrade Soundbooth CS3, CS4, CS5 to Audition CS6 = $149.00 USD

Which appears to say that you can't even upgrade Audition 1, never mind CEP2.1, I'm afraid.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to mjpatey1

mjpatey1 wrote:

Is this only true of purchases made directly from Adobe's site, or can I safely buy from an online retailer like BH, etc.?

Yes, only through adobe.com, it is not available via the third-party resellers (unless they offer their own program).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to mjpatey1

Since 6 has everything 5.5 has, plus a whole lot more, why would you consider buying 5.5 when 6 is coming out in  a couple of weeks?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to therealdobro

If your trial is ending before CS6 is released, you might want to purchase so you could continue working in the meantime.  In many cases, organizations are planning or need to use their budget before the end of a fiscal quarter, and if they intend to update anyway, it might make sense to do it now.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to mjpatey1

Should work fine.  Visit http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=audition to download the 30-day trial of Audition CS5.5.  It will give you a good sense of what's new in CS6!  :)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points