Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many questions/ pools can cp5 handle oin LMS

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All:

I need to know how many questions and or question pools can Cp 5 handle.  There's this project that has about 260 random questions in another autoring tool.  It's just not working.  Can Cp 5 handle something like this? I would need at least 11 pools to pull from.

There are two test.  One of them is about 130 questions.  The other is about 90 questions.  All are MC questions.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

MC

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not struck issues with having multiple question pools.  But to be honest I have not gone beyond about 7 or 8 pools with a total of about 50 questions.

I think you're just going to have to pioneer the outer limits on this one.  Report back what you find!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project is too big for me to do a "pioneering" aspect.  I was just hoping that Captivate would be a good work around in case the other authoring tool can't work out it's serious kinks.

Since the experts haven't ventured this far, it's not a good idea for me to do it on this one.

Thanks RodW.

If anyone else has done something like this I would love to hear it.

MC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not suggesting you build the whole project just to test out whether or not Captivate can support a dozen question pools with 200-300 questions.  All you need to do is take a blank project file, insert 10 questions from each question type (takes a few seconds), create 10-15 quiz pools, (another few minutes), select a group of questions and duplicate them to quickly add more questions until you have hundreds (another few minutes gone), then select and drag 10 questions at a time into each question pool until all of them are assigned.  Seriously, you can do all this in less than an hour.

Then try and run your project.  If your project is as important as you say, surely you can invest an hour or two into this type of testing in order to prove the concept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just finished a project where I used question pools and random questions.  I have 35 pools with each pool holding between 5 and 36 questions, for a total of ~380 questions.

I have the preload set to 50%, and on our corporate intranet it gets to the first slide in about 9.5 seconds.

I haven't noticed any negative effects on the learners' side, the only problem I really had was when trying to publish.  If I had too many other applications open publish would fail near the end with some kind of "failed to generate project backup" type message. 

hope that gives you more information to move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources